Liberator to Judicator Weapon Swap?

Hyperkinako

There was some on the latest White Dwarf I think (or the one before that) where one guy had used the monopose liberators from the bigass starter set to create the bow guys. Pretty interesting poses too actually compared to the five that are like one mini x 5 and all look the same. 

Ive no idea if the bows come straight as a fist with the bow itself, like the other liberator weapons, then it should be really simple handswaps :) and you could rather cheaply get the five xbows from the real kit and then five bows from cheap starter minis. 

Hope this helps :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would get these made over the holiday break but as usual didn't get time to start until last night. Getting all the parts cleaned up and once together will post some pics.  The only issue as far as I can tell will be the right arm as there are only 5 of these in the Judicators box and the Liberators ones are slightly different positions so going to have to play about trying to see which ones will fit and where to cut them.

Will post more info soon.

I tried this just when the judicatory set came out as I had a number of basic starter set liberator troops left. However, I had no luck (or enough skill) to pull it of.

I hope you will succeed and then I will shamelessly steal your tricks :)

Good luck - please keep us updated.

Ok, so finally got around to finishing my Judicators.  As expected the biggest issue was with the right arms, from the spare parts I had after building the other kits I found the spare Prosecutor arms to be closest to the position needed to fit with the back of the crossbow.  However there was only a few of these available so the remaining I had to pick from liberator arms cut at the glove.  I used a small ball of green stuff at the shoulder and wrist joints to allow as much re-positioning as possible and to fill the gaps.  Some required very little work but a couple had big spaces to fill which I couldn't quite get right.  I'm happy enough with the results and think they will be fine once painted, but a little disappointed at the shape of some of the models, slightly elongated arms and odd poses.  Think it would maybe have been better to build the base set with crossbows and then cut the bows away from the arrows and just have the archers holding bows not firing them.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

3 minutes ago, chord said:

Looks good thanks for the photos.

I actually like that each one looks slightly different. Seems more dynamic.

This might be out of my skill set, I've never worked with greenstuff before.

This is my first attempt with greenstuff too, other than sticking magnets to bases.  Its actually simple for something like this, if anything I used too much and needed to cut some off once dry. This was also needed as it got a little messy as I didn't use water to handle it and don't have tools so just used my fingers and a knife.  If its just the greenstuff putting you off I would not worry.

43 minutes ago, Hyperkinako said:

This is my first attempt with greenstuff too, other than sticking magnets to bases.  Its actually simple for something like this, if anything I used too much and needed to cut some off once dry. This was also needed as it got a little messy as I didn't use water to handle it and don't have tools so just used my fingers and a knife.  If its just the greenstuff putting you off I would not worry.

Glad to hear it, I think I'll put this on my project schedule then!  Thanks!

Damn..... Just realized I have equipped the prime with the Thunderbolt Crossbow but he doesn't need to roll to hit with this weapon so looses his bonus.....  do I try prying the head and shoulder off now ?????  gggrrrrrr knew I should have super glued them first :(

• 1 month later...

I am modifying some starter set liberators into judicators using left over crossbow parts as well after being inspired by you.  I think the Liberator primer from the starter set has a nice pose that goes along with the crossbow. 

WP_20170224_18_35_32_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20170224_18_35_52_Pro_LI.jpg

Cool idea! I kinda want to do this but on a different set of models. I plan on ordering a box of 10 Vanguard Hunters and a box of 10 Judicators then swapping torsos so I have 5 Judicators with fur cloaks and 5 hunters without. I haven't ordered them yet because I'm more interested in the Lord Aquilor and the Vanguard Palladors, but when I can save up another $120 I'll see if I can do it. The main reason for the swap is so I can have 5 Judicators that fit in with the vanguard aesthetic. 

Archived