Arrgh Matey, A free campaign in exchange for some feedback. Very grateful

Kramer

Hi everybody, 

Thanks for checking this campaign out and feel free to use and edit it as you see fit. I'm looking for some feedback on this campaign as I worry that when somebody gets in the lead he might be hard to overtake. 

Backstory: A friend and me introduced two friends to the hobby and got them excited enough to try a campaign. As a result we play them with some houserules to keep things simple but we might drop some of them during the campaign. Every campaign turn the armies grow a little to help the new players keep up. I always wanted to replay the old Lustria campaign so I tried to convert it to AoS. We play Ogres, Skaven, Dark Elves & Dwarfs but the armies are interchangeable. The campaign has a nice pirate theme because that fitted the models perfectly. 

The set up is to play two one vs one games followed by a massive multiplayer battle every turn. In the one vs one games it is possible to claim territories which reward relics (VP's) and small advantages. The multiplayer games allow the captains to gang up on the player in the lead to restore balance and because multiplayer games are fun :)

Would be grateful for any and all tips, tricks and feedback regarding map campaigns in general and my campaign specific.

ps. I excluded the scenario's at the moment because I have not completed the last scenario's. Hope to add them tomorrow

Pirates and Plunder basic set up v1.2.pdf

So far, the theme seems a bit higgulby-pigguldy. It's named after a Japanese Island, yet has Icelandic names? And an English castle. Also some less serious ones, you know what I am referring to. Also you've spelt phase 'fase'.

I'm not saying it's bad jsut give it a look over.

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

So far, the theme seems a bit higgulby-pigguldy. It's named after a Japanese Island, yet has Icelandic names? And an English castle. Also some less serious ones, you know what I am referring to. Also you've spelt phase 'fase'.

I'm not saying it's bad jsut give it a look over.

Haha I loved grabbing names from all over the world. Nice that you noticed it. And I know what you are referring to but a pirate town is allowed to be a bit cheeky ;)

I'll search and replace phase (fase is the dutch spelling must have slipped my notice)

Thanks for the feedback and i'll try to fit the names more in one theme. Any gameplay feedback?

Just now, Soulsmith said:

The campaign phase seems like good stuff, I would be intrigued to see how it plays out. With things like this it's hard to gauge without play testing. Also did not know it was dutch spelling. Fair enough really.

Yeah it's tricky I did a few rolls by myself and that way all for armies kept quite close to each other but that's without the influence of skill. So we'll see and i'll definitely update it after the first game day (saturday) 

Just now, Soulsmith said:

Definitely interested to see how it pans out, might be a good system to adapt for more settings.

definitely and it's heavily based on the old Lustria global campaign so it should roughly in balance. And the fluff, map, scenario's are just flavour to be changed to fit the players. 

I just went through the rules pack. I really like the escalation of army sizes as the campaign goes on. It does require a couple of read-throughs to get how everything works. I think I may bring it up with my SoCal group this weekend to see what they think.

12 hours ago, GRex said:

I just went through the rules pack. I really like the escalation of army sizes as the campaign goes on. It does require a couple of read-throughs to get how everything works. I think I may bring it up with my SoCal group this weekend to see what they think.

Yeah I really struggled to put it into words. Don't know if it was the translation from english to dutch and back to english or just because im not very wordy ;)

But thanks for the compliment and I'm just working on the last 3 scenario's. Still haven't playtested them but will do so this weekend. I'll update it as soon as I can.

cheers.

Archived