Events UK: Sheffield slaughter

Pete Scholey

• 3 weeks later...

In the pack mystical terrain tests are to be done at the start of the hero phase. Are you ruling that if a unit moves to within 3" of the terrain later in the hero phase, through destruction move or skittlerleap for example, they now don't take the test/no effect of the terrain, or that this unit must now take the test before they can do anything else? I assumed the latter with the intention of the ruling to make sure people don't minimise risk by casting spells etc pre terrain test but confirmation would be great. 

Hi. Mystical is the first thing u do if you are within 3 inch of it. If you move through a free destruction move or a spell during the hero phase then you don't take the test.  It's a one time test only affecting units at the start of the hero phase.  We're doing this to prevent people casting etc and then taking the test.  All other terrain tests can be taken as and when. Just mystical. 

• Like 1

t

There seems to have been some discussion on certain talk groups about allowing the new SCE book (or not) at the upcoming Slaughter.

I took the decision to allow the new book to be used after seeking advice and reassurances from various people whose opinion I trust and respect. 

It has been pointed out that this contravenes the two weeks grace on releases of new stuff from GW. However, since the scrolls and the new units are available two weeks before the event I feel confident that this is not going to ruin anyones gaming experience.

Ok, people wont have had time to play against the new army with its new formations and artifacts and abilities, but again I dont see this as a major issue. 

How many of you know what all the scrolls, formations and artifacts do in AoS. I certainly dont. Often I sit across from my opponent who will explain what unit X does or formation Y does. The SCE are not a new army, Judicators and Liberators, Stardrakes and Retributors will still work the same so there wont be any real suprises. We know there are a few new units, gryph hounds, knights and a crossbow unit. But their scrolls will be out two weeks before the event. 

The current version of SCE will still be allowed... YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO MIX OLD AND NEW..Either the old books, which we all know and love, or the new book. Your choice.

Finally GW have released updated points for certain units to be trialed at the SCGT in April. the points WILL NOT BE USED at the Slaughter. 

Im sure people will have their opinions. However, as TO for the event I have made the above decisions which will not alter.

Final reminder that Lists are to be submitted on the day.

Any dietary requirements LMK by the end of this week.

Dont forget to sort out the team event if you want to enter, 4 players, one from each Grand Alliance.

thanks

Pete

What is questionable.  

What is all or nothing. 

the new points are clearly intended for trial at scgt. I can not tell death players that their army is no longer valid as points are increased.  

There is no balance in the points. They do not reflect how other units will be costed. We all know various units need adjustment. If these points were not changed then it would not affect the event.  

If it's sce that's the issue then you have a full week to review the book. Two weeks to look at new scrolls. 

I hope you still feel able to attend but if you feel strongly and pull out them please let me know as soon as possible as there are several on reserve 

" I can not tell death players that their army is no longer valid "

thats exacty what you could do

its your tourney dude. but not mine, but fair enough.  weve got 2 weeks to review new army scrolls but 2 weeks is not enough to review new points for a whole unhealthy op army and a underused one? it would be nice to play vs some slayer armys for once rather than stupid tks for enjoyment purposes

Edited by wanderingrogue1

Now the new books all over the internet, a few things to note:

The team have removed (for the better) some formations (warrior brotherhood, skyborne slayers etc) and changed the points cost of some unit. As this is a new book which is being allowed, will Sheffield slaughter be enforcing this? I ask as it seems redundant to allow different points costs and no longer available formations? The rules for the Knight Azyros for example have changed completely, as has his points cost. I appreciate some peoples armies may change but as you have stated the new book will be in use I would like to know whether this will be the case or not? 

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Pete Scholey said:

What we are hoping for is that people will move away from the boring warrior brotherhood and bring something different to the event.  We couldn't just say to people your army is no longer valid thereby enforcing them to buy the new book etc.  

Agreed, I think its becoming rather boring seeing the same cookie cutter warrior brotherhood! Fair enough, just wanted to know. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Like 1