High elves list

TGCMactar

well two spire of dawns gets you a cracking starter. 20 sword masters and 20 spire guard are good big units. Then a skycutter. In the spireguard box there is a battalion which makes swordmasters and all the other units in the box into swifthawk agents. When you combine that rule with the skycutter warden which gives all swifthawk agents plus 1 to wound. You can see why it's powerful.

You may struggle to get hold of Spire of Dawn now - its been replaced by Blightwar effectively.

If you want a thematic army because you like the way the old high elf models look then I agree with @TheNotebookGM just buy whatever models you will enjoy painting and have some open play/narrative games.

If you want to be at all competitive then you need to choose a specific faction and get multiples of the best units in it.

I'm not saying this seriously at all but it will also help you if you stop thinking of them as High Elves :D

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 3:43 AM, TGCMactar said:

does the spire of dawn set have 2 battle line? and what other battle line units for high elves? i wanna keep it high elves not just any elves :)

If you can keep the Swifthawk Allegiance, yes. But straight out of the box? No. Reavers are always Battleline, but both Spire Guard and Swordmasters are only battleline in their respective allegiances. You'll need to focus your units into a majority allegiance to cover battleline. Or just find more Reavers (who are, if I remember right, the only non-compendium "High Elf" battleline with no restrictions).

Either way, if you like the Spire of Dawn models, that box is a great deal, especially if you can split it with a Skaven player, so I'd say go nuts unless you want something specific.

Archived