New 2000 Points Eshin Allegiance list

Kugane

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

I was considering to use some flesh hounds for screening, the plague bearers I'm uncertain about personally. Another miniature I'm sort of considering is the Warpgnaw model, but I'm uncertain about its rulings. The tunneling ability of his seems quite useful "Tunneler between Reality: When deploying your army, you may choose to place the Warpgnaw Verminlord and a single unit of Clanrats or Stormvermin to one side and say they are set up in the twisting passages of the gnawholes between reality.", but it makes me wonder if you NEED to take a unit of clanrats, or its simply a suggestion to do so.

You don't need clanrats or stormvermin to field the Warpgnaw verminlord....but you can only use the units with the keyword CLANRATS or STORMVERMIN. (the little line of capslocked words at the bottom of the warscrolls). SO ANYTIME A WORD IS WRITTEN LIKE THIS it's a keyword and the ability can only applied on warscrolls with that keyword ;) 

But yeah the model is awesome, playstyle really maches it. And most importantly it's his own model. Not just a headswap away from the other Verminlords  Personally I will be adding it but i'm more of a all clans unite kind of guy

5 hours ago, Flood said:

Im an all clans unite kinda guy too @Kramer! Thats why im praying for a general skaven allegiance at some point! How sweet would that be?

I would love a verminous alliance ability that offers you not much  more than taking extra allies from the different clans and the plus +2 bravery per ten models. Maybe some bonus for taking master clan as they are then fighting for the great horned one. But it wouldn't need much more to be a fun, fluffy and game choice. 

If only I ruled gw ;) 

21 hours ago, Kramer said:

You don't need clanrats or stormvermin to field the Warpgnaw verminlord....but you can only use the units with the keyword CLANRATS or STORMVERMIN. (the little line of capslocked words at the bottom of the warscrolls). SO ANYTIME A WORD IS WRITTEN LIKE THIS it's a keyword and the ability can only applied on warscrolls with that keyword ;) 

But yeah the model is awesome, playstyle really maches it. And most importantly it's his own model. Not just a headswap away from the other Verminlords  Personally I will be adding it but i'm more of a all clans unite kind of guy

I just feel it would be a shame if his main ability to set up anywhere on the field would go to waste, because the ruling writes you can pick the Warpgnaw Verminlord AND a unit of clan rats / stormvermin. If it were possible to just place the warpgnaw to a side without any additional clanrats/stormvermin, I would very likely just ally one into the army.

I'm also thinking if its allowed to use a warpgnaw verminlord as a counts-as for another deceiver. I really would like a 2nd or even 3rd verminlord, but as you said, just a headswap won't do for me. I could of course simply convert the warpgnaw into a deceiver, but I feel that's a bit of a waste. That being said, I had a boneripper from the Thanquol + Boneripper set lying around that I have no use for, I'm now busy trying to convert it into a respectable verminlord with all the spare verminlord bits. It looks quite decent, but I still need to figure a way to position a verminlord head properly onto the model without looking silly.

27 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I just feel it would be a shame if his main ability to set up anywhere on the field would go to waste, because the ruling writes you can pick the Warpgnaw Verminlord AND a unit of clan rats / stormvermin. If it were possible to just place the warpgnaw to a side without any additional clanrats/stormvermin, I would very likely just ally one into the army.

I'm also thinking if its allowed to use a warpgnaw verminlord as a counts-as for another deceiver. I really would like a 2nd or even 3rd verminlord, but as you said, just a headswap won't do for me. I could of course simply convert the warpgnaw into a deceiver, but I feel that's a bit of a waste. That being said, I had a boneripper from the Thanquol + Boneripper set lying around that I have no use for, I'm now busy trying to convert it into a respectable verminlord with all the spare verminlord bits. It looks quite decent, but I still need to figure a way to position a verminlord head properly onto the model without looking silly.

Speaking of Warpgnaw (what a kickass vermin) - is that still a legal model to use in matched play? 

19 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Speaking of Warpgnaw (what a kickass vermin) - is that still a legal model to use in matched play? 

I would assume so, considering he had a point update in the compendium. I can't find him anywhere on the Azyr app though. If he isn't legal, I would assume the verminlord substitute scroll would come into play? I would love fielding him as a substitute rather than warpgnaw himself. He is a tad bit on the weak side in an all-eshin list.

Archived