New factions?

8 minutes ago, Trout said:

With a good track record? or as much of a guesser as everyone here?

I have no idea; maybe?  I don't know where to check that.  I lost interest in the rumors for GW and other products after realizing that they didn't affect my hobbying purchases, then I quit looking at the articles after dealing with the poor spelling, click-bait article titles, or scareware redirects that now seem to plague the rumors sites.  Back in the day, I checked Naftka and BoLS daily.  It's been over a year now since I have been to either site, and I am better off for it.

2 hours ago, Trout said:

He used to have close to a 100% success rate, but in recent years he's made a few predictions that either didn't come to pass or ended up being a distorted version of what actually happened. So his rumours are still worth considering, but shouldn't be taken as gospel truth.

What if the entire elven faction is slannesh. Slannesh is as much about ego and the need of perfection as she is sex and pain. 

Also in the end of times novel, the bloodthirster Ka'Banda said something about all elves being the fodder of slannesh. So maybe slannesh has been secretly gaining power in a more subtle way whilst being locked away or whatever. 

For my part, I'm really hoping for a Skaven Skryre standalone release. They seem to have so much potential as a wacky steampunk army, especially now the Kharadron Overlords have pushed the, er, boat out as regards technology. I've been dreaming stuff up in my head for a while now- elite close quarters Stormvermin wearing armour like Patrick Spring uses in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency; ranged infantry using even madder guns; steampunk mechs; tunneling transports a bit like the Veer-Myn in Mantic's 40K knock-off; upgraded Doom-Flayers as monstrous cavalry... 

Oh my. *fans himself* I think I have to go and lie down.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:10 PM, Trout said:

Hastings is basically 95-100%, but often doesn't have the full details as he seems to have somewhat detached himself from it all in recent years.

As far as I am aware, he never monetized his rumours (i.e. clickbait sites, etc.), so had no reason to make stuff up. Plus, it would have ruined his credibility anyway, when said thing didn't come to pass.

The people who make up rumours tend to keep turning turn up randomly with new usernames, while Harry, Hastings, Lady Atia, SadPanda, (etc.) are all pretty well established.

My toy soldier hobby has taken a backseat the last few months due to a hectic scedule and wedding season. But everytime i glance at the GW site or on these forums i feel like nothing they are releasing really interests me. Maybe ill just wait until they get through all of their space marine/storm cast releases a hope for something more inspiring to paint.

Archived