Ghorfang's Headstompaz painting log

Vaux

Well I guess I will start my painting log here too.

First two pictures are of one of my Brutes with the skin done in picture one and the lower body armor done in picture two.

To be honest I like how the armor starts to pop after the highlights, it will be a nice contrast for the skin.

More to follow soon.

0506.jpg

0606.jpg

Yeah the skin was totaly done with an airbrush (that's my main reason for sub assembly here) using a bunch of 4 different shades of green. Just the last highlighting in the face was done with some glazing (one green and kislev flesh for the last highlights) after shading the recesses with Athonian Camo Shade to get a nice pop out of the facial features (cant get this done with an airbrush).

And yeah eyes.... those damn eyes... good thing on this miniatures is that their eyes are really defined, that makes it easier to get them but nevertheless I had to correct a slight slip of the yellow (that you can see in picture one if you look for it).

And another update by me. Almost done with the first brute and I have to admit I really like how it turned out. Just need to do the horn on his shoulderpad, give him some varnish and he will be done. 

20170607_223359.jpg

20170607_223406.jpg

20170607_223412.jpg

fantastic work with the airbrush, and in general. looks brill.

one thing - if you have the s/ware, hit 'autocontrast' or 'exposure' or whatever, as your pics are a bit underexposed and not doing full justice to your paintjob.

Yeah I know the pictures arent that great (no clue how to get better ones done with my smartphone cam). Someone edited the picture a bit with more contrast and there the lines on the armor really popped out.

Archived