Skirmish warband upgrades

jamie.white

Question

The designers note says you can't change the composition of the warband . Do you think this rules out changing your general as you get more renown points ? As you have to really start with a 16 point hero to make the 25 point limit for the campaign ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 answers to this question

I think you could change who your general is once you add a better hero model later in the campaign. The rule says that you must have a minimum of 3 models and the general must be a hero. It doesn't say that you can't change which hero is the general from match to match. 

25 is just a suggestion and honestly is much better suited to someone just learning AoS. We started at 50 and limited the model count to 10 max over the campaign. We allowed members to sell back one model per mission and use the points to upgrade in addition to any renown points won. My son took a Skaven list and promoted a clan rat to a storm vermin, to a rat ogre, finally to a storm fiend in game six. It's was quite a bit of fun narrative. So my answer is have fun and change the rules if appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived