First 2000 point Stormcast List

WillTG

Here's a list I've been tinkering with.  I like the new Vanguard miniatures, and I think this is a solid combination of speed, strength, ranged weapons, and fun.  Please let me know what you think.  I have a lot of models to buy, and a nice, solid, all comers type list will be my refactor shopping list.  So here goes:

2000 Points Stormcast Eternals

Lord Aquilor  200 pts
-General

Lord Veritant 100pts

Lord Castellant 100pts

Judicators x 5 160pts
-Skybolt Bows + 1 Shockbolt Bow

Vanguard Hunters x 5 140pts
-Battleline

Vanguard Hunters x 5 140pts
-Battleline

Paladin Retributors x 5 220pts
-1 Starsoul Mace

Paladin Decimators x 5 200pts
-1 Starsoul Mace

Prosecutors x 6 160pts
-Stormcall Javelins, 2 Stormsurge Tridents

Gryph-hound 40pts

Vanguard Palladors x 3 220pts
-Shockaxes

Vanguard Raptors x 3 180pts
-Longstrike Crossbows

Warscroll Battalion Hamerstrike Force 120pts

Small correction. The Veritant costs 120. Your point total still adds up, this is just for order's sake.

Now then, the list. First up, Paladins should always have 2 Starsoul Maces. These bad boys are too important to pass up.

Next, why Veritant? If you want the Prayers, why not take a Relictor and save 40 points? You have the Castellan to bring a Lantern anyway.

The Decimators... I am not sure. I have tried them. The -2Br seems tempting, but they are a very niche unit. Protectors have a much more consistant output and are good against Monsters. Your army can handle hordes pretty well as it is, with all the shooting.

Lastly, I am a bit worried about the 3 Palladors and 3 Longstrikes. They seem a bit insignificant. That, and it will be tougher to get more mileage out of the Aquilor with his ability. I would prefer to take a bigger unit of Raptors or Palladors to combine them with the Aquilor and drop the other one.

Personally, I would drop the Veritant for a Relictor, drop the Longstrikes and push up the Palladors to 6 and equip them with Javelins. It is generally agreed that those are a better, especially when using the Winds or ride with the Aquilor. However, I can see the merit of axes when going aggressive. Still, you have plenty shooting, why not include more? Then I would drop the Gryphhound and a unit of Hunters and get a second unit of bow Judicators, then use the remaining 20pts to exchange the Decimators with Retributors. Or leave it as it is and just exchange the Decimators with Protectors. Both ways work. Depending on aggression, the latter might even be a bit better.

This is what I would do. However, this is my style and thus only a suggestion. Try it out and see what works best for you. Demonstrate your style ;)

Thank you for the advice! Ive only played a few practice games with the starter minis at my local GW store, but I'm hooked. 

I could go with more palladors. Truth be told the look of the gryph mounts are what have me wanting to build Stormcast. 

I can can get a relictor. Like I said, this list is pretty much going to be my shopping list to build this army!

12 hours ago, Immersturm said:

The Decimators... I am not sure. I have tried them. The -2Br seems tempting, but they are a very niche unit. Protectors have a much more consistant output and are good against Monsters. Your army can handle hordes pretty well as it is, with all the shooting.

The more i play them the more i am convinced. Even against 40mm bases, you get 3+ attacks on all axes which makes them equal or better to other weapons and even better against 32mm models or smaller where axes makes 7+ attacks.

With a lot of opponent beeing stormcast, the -2 bravery is huge.

How's this for an evolution:

Leaders

Lord-Aquilor (200)

- General

Lord-Relictor (80)

Lord-Castellant (100)

- Mystic Light : Lantern of the Tempest

Units

5 x Judicators (160) battle line

-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140) battle line
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140) battle line
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)

10 x Paladin Decimators (400)

- 4 x Starsoul Maces

5 x Paladin Retributors (220)

- 2 x Starsoul Maces

1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Battalions

Hammerstrike Force (120)

5 hours ago, Immersturm said:

Looks like a solid start. Test out the Decimators and see whether they do it for you, or if you prefer Protectors. I would not glue their weapons just yet and try them out first. Alternatively, magnets.

I had the same thought whilst at work yesterday. 

Archived