Ogre lore questions

Hey I was wondering 2 things now that I started a new ogre army.

1. Did the Great Maw and the volcano god survive the destruction of the old world? Since the ogres still have firebellies I would assume the volcano god survived and due to the butcher the great maw would be the same. But I don't know.

2. Did golgfag Maneater die cannonically?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Regarding Ogors (formerly Ogres), from the Grand Alliance: Destrution book, page 78, Gutbusters:

"(Gutbuster ogors) worship Gorkamorka as the Great Beast that Consumes the World (sic), their driving ambition to devour the Mortal Realms.  To the Gutbusters, everything is either food for now or food for later, and their minds are forever fixated on where their next juicy meal is coming from."

Regarding Firebellies , from the Grand Alliance: Destruction book, page 104, Firebellies:

"Gorkamorka is the god of orruks, grots, and ogors.  Each tribe or race, however, reveres a different aspect of their two-headed god.  The Firebellies base their rites and rituals around the legend of the Sun-eater.  During the Age of Myth, Gorkamorka stomped across the realms, kicking down mountains and drinking up seas.  One day, he was embroiled in a raging battle, and as the sun began to set he reached out and pulled it down from the heavens, because he was not done with the day's fighting.  Having seized his prize, Gorkamorka decided to take a bite from its flaming hide, discovering to his joy that it allowed him to breath plumes of fire.  The Firebellies emulate this tale, vomiting fire upon their foes and bathing in the licking flames of war to grant themselves power.

(The Firebellies) still dream of one day feasting upon the sun, like their patron Gorkamorka did."

I am going to assume that the Great Maw either was destroyed during the End Times, or was incorporated into the mythos (and possibly the belly) of Gorkamorka.

Golgfang Maneater has a Legacy Warscroll available to use, but I believe that the Ogre characters didn't survive the End Times (they didn't get much show time at all during that event).  So you can play with the model, but the character himself is not around anymore.

12 hours ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

I am going to assume that the Great Maw either was destroyed during the End Times, or was incorporated into the mythos (and possibly the belly) of Gorkamorka.

Aye, most likely it was destroyed but now Gorkamorka takes this aspect in order to bring ogres into his fold. Also it's interesting that ogres build maw-temples (whatever that is).

12 hours ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Golgfang Maneater has a Legacy Warscroll available to use, but I believe that the Ogre characters didn't survive the End Times (they didn't get much show time at all during that event).  So you can play with the model, but the character himself is not around anymore.

exactly, after all, no one was or is able to resurrect them :( 

Archived