Mixed Orruks Army

Torquemada

How to mix the ironfist power with the bonesplitters resilience and the "Greenzkinz" Waaagh bonus? ... first idea for a total hand to hand armylist ;)

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- Artefact: Battle Brew

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppas
-  Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppas
-  Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppas
-  Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
10 x Savage Orruks (100)

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Looks good! Maybe drop a Wyvern and fit a few wizards in there? Plus some points left over..

Maybe slot this in for some options:

Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Know you'e going for the combat force, but mystic shield alone will be huge, especially for those Brutes. And in this meta even a single spear chukka might help you out! 

I'd even recommend getting a Warboss with a Waaagh Banner. It's a pretty large bubble and it's one of the few banners in the game that you don't need to plant in the hero phase, making it very versatile for a mobile army.

6 hours ago, Furious said:

I'd even recommend getting a Warboss with a Waaagh Banner. It's a pretty large bubble and it's one of the few banners in the game that you don't need to plant in the hero phase, making it very versatile for a mobile army.

This. In any mixed Orruk force, the Warboss with Waaagh Banner always has the potential to be more effective than the Warchanter, since it effects all Orruk models within range. I'm not sure if the math makes it better, since it's re-roll wound rolls of 1 (vs +1 to hit). Still, you're buffing more than your brutes. It's harder to fit in at 140pts, but it's survivability is the same as the Warchanter.

9 hours ago, Fungrim said:

Looks good! Maybe drop a Wyvern and fit a few wizards in there? Plus some points left over..

Maybe slot this in for some options:

Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Know you'e going for the combat force, but mystic shield alone will be huge, especially for those Brutes. And in this meta even a single spear chukka might help you out! 

Agree with you about the wizards. Maybe not two but just a moonclan shaman can help me.

I could also spend the remaining 180 points for a single unit of ardboyz or gruntas....

Archived