Hammerhal - Ambush helper

Giac

Hi,

I started playing Hammerhal with my kids, and they love it, but I found myself hating the ambush rolls - I constantly have to scramble for tables, doing multiple rolls etc. So I made a simple webpage to help me: http://static.pythonaro.com/ambushwhack/

It rolls for ambush, then for the type of adversary, then for the quantity, then for surprise, and if surprised it also runs for behaviour - so I only have to pick up the miniatures and look up the behaviour table. I made buttons big enough to be usable from phone/tablet and added iOS icons so I could "add to home screen" on my phone and it looks like an app.  For fun I added some pics of my unpainted miniatures - I'm ****** at painting so if anyone wants to send me pics of theirs I'd be happy to replace mine.

I hope it can be useful to others! Any feedback is more than welcome. I've not dabbled in GW miniatures for 20 years and it's been a lot of fun to pic the hobby up again...

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 14.26.34.png

Someone asked for a Silver Tower version so here it is, although it lacks pics and action names because I don't (yet) have the actual game, someone just gave me the ambush rules. I've also tweaked the one for Hammerhal to allow for different chances of ambush happening, which seems to be a popular tweak to the rules (the default 1 in 6 is indeed a bit low).

I renew my invite for better pictures, which I'm happy to clearly credit / link :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived