Free Peoples MSU

arka0415

I'm mainly a 40k player, so I'm accustomed to the meta of MSU- a large number of duplicate small units with more tactical flexibility than a large unit.

Many units in AoS however, especially Free Peoples, get buffs for being in large groups of 30-40 models. Should such armies focus exclusively on large blocks of units, or is there a benefit to MSU in Age of Sigmar?

Well generally I think MSU is better... which is probably why GW gave units that are "supposed"  to be bigger than 1 set (fluff) get a bonus for having more models, units that are "supposed" to be HUGE like zombies, skeletons and goblins have multiple stages of this bonus to encourage even larger units.

Buffing ofcourse can be more usefull on a big unit too. Having said that I think I'd generally run all units without bonus for size as small as possible (also increasing the champion upgrade, especially in units of 3 this is sort of significant. I'd theoretically use 1 large unit for buffing. 

Free peoples are a bit harder since a lot of their units get bonus for size and you just might need more flexibility than just 3 large blocks.

Archived