Infernal Standard Question (Again!)

Hayday

Apologies for posting as I can see there are other threads, but I'm still a little confused.

In a game last night I had a situation where 9 single damage wounds went through on 5 of my black knights.

If they were to fail the armour and deathless minion saves, but were within range of the infernal standard, how do I allocate wounds/roll to save?

I'd do it as follows:

Roll saves on a single model until said model is on its final wound then the Infernal Standard save kicks in.

So 9 wounds go thru. 2 on a knight. Then Infernal Standard save. If saved, roll again until failed. Then 2 wounds on the next knight then Infernal Standard save applies etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first saves, than the undead minion, then a wound pass and you try to save the last one, if you fail, the third one you can't save and you try to save the fpurth one and so on. The infernal stdendard apply only when the modeò should die, so you have to apply only each tot wounds based in the wpunds a modeò have.

The stendard fits perfectly to the monowunds infantries.

first roll regular saves as a batch, then roll undead minion as a batch, then apply wounds to models one at a time rolling for the standard whenever a given wound would be a models last.

It's super awkward and definitely slows the game down when large number of wounds are being rolled, and the standard wouldn't be at all overpowered at its current cost if it were an extra 6+ save on every wound, which would be much faster to play and let you roll the saves in batches even on multi-wound models, but...  *shrug*

Archived