Process of my Celestial Vindicators and Khorne Iron Horde

... Then using a small piece of tissue paper I painted all the scrathes and worn parts with Boltgun Metal and then with Celestra Grey. ...

I'm having an issue with envisioning your technique....

Am I right to think that with the small piece of tissue paper you're using the edge like a fine liner brush?

7 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

I'm having an issue with envisioning your technique....

Am I right to think that with the small piece of tissue paper you're using the edge like a fine liner brush?

Not exactly. I posted a youtube link earlier in this thread that shows this sort of process in practice. :)

• 4 months later...

I really love your Khorne color scheme. Is it possible to see more khorne stuff? Can you tell me how you made the bases? And I'm curious how you created the cold brass color for the details of the slaughterpriest and the skullcrusher models.

The pale skin is amazing. Can you show us your Blood Reaver models with the new and faster method for pale skin?

5 hours ago, Syred said:

I really love your Khorne color scheme. Is it possible to see more khorne stuff? Can you tell me how you made the bases? And I'm curious how you created the cold brass color for the details of the slaughterpriest and the skullcrusher models.

The pale skin is amazing. Can you show us your Blood Reaver models with the new and faster method for pale skin?

Unfortunately there's not more stuff to show at the moment. I have quite recently moved towns and last few months have been crazy busy for me. But last week I dug out my starter set but I mostly worked on the Stormcast side of models. I will keep you guys updated once I get sh*t done. :D

Bases are done using coarse sand, cork and Vallejo Dark Earth. Vallejo stuff don't really show in the final result that much so it's replaceable. First I basecoated with watered-down Rhinox Hide and then heavy drybrush with Dawnstone. Then I slapped heavily diluted Rhinox Hide as a wash. Then I drybrushed with Rakarth Flesh and finally light drybrush with Screaming Skull. I actually haven't bases in  a while as I'm contemplating rebasing all the models with either snow or red mars sand, I'm not sure yet...

Recipe for the cold gold is: Mix of Retributor Gold, black and Kantor Blue for shadows, then Retributor Gold and Kantor Blue for basetones. Retributor Gold and Stormhost silver mix for highlights and pure Stormhost Silver for selected parts for that glint effect. Hopefully I got this right, as it might have been Sotek Green instead of Kantor. In any case, it probably doesn't matter that much for the end result. Hopefully this helps!

On 27.10.2017 at 9:07 PM, Stealth_Hobo said:

Bases are done using coarse sand, cork and Vallejo Dark Earth. Vallejo stuff don't really show in the final result that much so it's replaceable. First I basecoated with watered-down Rhinox Hide and then heavy drybrush with Dawnstone. Then I slapped heavily diluted Rhinox Hide as a wash. Then I drybrushed with Rakarth Flesh and finally light drybrush with Screaming Skull. I actually haven't bases in  a while as I'm contemplating rebasing all the models with either snow or red mars sand, I'm not sure yet...

Recipe for the cold gold is: Mix of Retributor Gold, black and Kantor Blue for shadows, then Retributor Gold and Kantor Blue for basetones. Retributor Gold and Stormhost silver mix for highlights and pure Stormhost Silver for selected parts for that glint effect. Hopefully I got this right, as it might have been Sotek Green instead of Kantor. In any case, it probably doesn't matter that much for the end result. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to new pictures. ;)

Archived