Thematic Faction Keyword Changes You Want to See

2 hours ago, Davariel said:

I'd like to see more opportunities to choose keywords in the same way as the marks of chaos mechanic. For example, Dark Riders could pick one of the Darkling Covens, Daughters of Khaine, or Scourge Privateers keywords, since they fit all of those factions pretty well. Would be a good way to broaden the use of some units and encourage exploration of different subfactions. 

This is a very good idea. It would be interesting to see more generic troops given the option to synergise with multiple factions using keyword options. For example, I could imagine multiple distinctive and fully fleshed-out Death factions with your basic zombies, bats, dire wolves, etc able to align with any of them. It would give players more options to play with and might also encourage creative conversions to make these relatively generic models fit the faction theme. Also a good way for GW to make some of the kits that are starting to look a bit boring and out of place in the Mortal Realms suddenly seem shiny and interesting again.

You could do the same with non-Moonclan grots for Destruction. Let your basic grots, wolf riders, etc align with anyone.

Perhaps Maneaters should have a simple rule that says they automatically take on the faction allegiance keyword of the army they're in.

On 4/9/2017 at 3:11 AM, Kyriakin said:

Centigors/Jabberslythe - Breyherd

Yeah that's a big one.  Hastings told me the Centigor CADs he saw had them more Monstrous Cav .

Centigors are dirt cheap and fast but more just chaff.  Some synergy from Brayherds would make them pretty sweet.

Minotaurs gaining the Khorne keyword.  There is already some story line with that and a formation, just FFS GW why didn't you put that in the Blades of Khorne and give it a points value?  Didn't want to sell a bunch of ****** minotaur models?

Archived