FEC big monster vs smaller monsters

Mordantguy

Question for some of you more veteran players out there.  In your experience, what has worked better for you: terrorgheist or Crypt Flayers?

320pts = 1 terrorgheist or 6 Crypt Flayers.

I don't really want to know 'mathammer' statistics about what potentially they could do, looking for my actual in game experience and which of the 2 you think has preformed better overall.  Thanks!!!

18 minutes ago, Mordantguy said:

Question for some of you more veteran players out there.  In your experience, what has worked better for you: terrorgheist or Crypt Flayers?

320pts = 1 terrorgheist or 6 Crypt Flayers.

I don't really want to know 'mathammer' statistics about what potentially they could do, looking for my actual in game experience and which of the 2 you think has preformed better overall.  Thanks!!!

They have different roles. I'd prefer the terrorgheist, but their presence is different. THe Flyers have more wounds and can make many more attacks then TG by itself, moreover against enemies with low bravery are quite useful.

Anyway the TG has the ability to heal itself (I prefer anyway it ridden by a Ghoul King) and has moreover a good arsenal as rend and against monsters.

Hey

I really feel like the terrorgheist needs the ghoul king on top of him because with some support, hw easily passes as one of the most resilient units of the game. He can get a 3+save, then 5+ against wounds and mortal wounds rhanks to his spell and then 5+ for the death alliegeance trait with ruler of the night and even then he has regeneration. As an extra, give him the ring of immortality so that he can die and come back to near full health easily in athe couple of turns.

The crypt flayers are truly great tarpits and lone hero hunters, especially when wandering around with an infernal courtier but against firepower, theyll die quite easily because of theyre 5+ save.

So thats it for me, and personally I thint that the terrorgheist is the guy you need but your choice in the end.

Hope it was useful, ?

Archived