Green strategies - against Death

meet.the.doctor

Warbosses,

Tomorrow I am playing against Death GA led by Nagash and Neferata.

My force will be :

1."unit"- Skarsnik(General), 2 NG Shamans, surrounded by circle of 30 NGs with netters and 6 Fanatics. This works as one unit with Skarsnik and Shamans hidden inside (they can attack from second row -2" attacks), shoot and cast spells, and won't be harmed (hidden behind NG unit)if summoning happens in the back - that is why circle formation. This unit is a slower tank for delivering those 6 fanatics ASAP to enemy. Using it on one flank (dependes on what the opponent will set up). I will be targeting a place with most units to deliver some Curse of Da Bad Moon spells.When all of them are in CC and will loose 2/3 I am retreating with Sneaky Schemes, Tricksy traps for every standing unit to deal some mortal wounds and finally check this ability(havn't done it in all mu games so far.

2."unit" - 3xtrolls + 3xfimirs in first row, and troll hag and river trolls behind (r.trolls attack behind Fimirs - with 2" range and I am using HQ Fimirs - so small ones the trolls can attack from behind; Hag more than 3" behind so Nagash cannot use Hand of Dust on her)+ goblin shaman on wolf 3" from troll Hag. Whole unit regenerates along with Shaman, which after taking any wounds transfers them on 5+ to Troll Hag(and she regenerates). This is heavy tank unit which will be hunting heroes - Nagash probably or Neferata first. It can "shoot" so I hope the Hag will hunt anybody hiding behind the front ranks. This unit works on the other flank.

3. Center- my crazy lone wolves;) Squig Gobba and a Giant. Gobba is totally worthless in AoS but I love this model- if it kills a single model I will be extremely happy. Giant is my bait and will run first on any infantry unit. Maybe I will support him with some mystic shield in first round, so he could survive. Usually he dies in 3rd rounds of my games (and in 90% of games takes someone with him to the grave)

That is the sketch. Any ideas and advice how to fight Death GA. When I read their warscrolls- every magic phase will be a nightmare...

Waaaagh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if you are within 18'' of Nagash you will never get a spell off, keep that in mind. If you are within 24'' of Nagash you will heal him and receive a lot of damage since you are running goblins who have a low bravery. Id recommend sending the Fmirs against Nagash, engaging all at once. You'll want to kill Nagash in a single turn or GG and that's not an easy task. Expect Nagash to have a 1+ save so you'll need a minimum of 1 rending, preferred 2. Then neferatta decreases your hit chance by 1 assuming shes the commander, if not then shes a pretty weak threat so you can send your goblins against her and explode her with fanatics. Wouldnt really count on ever getting a spell off. Keep your shamans out of 18'' range of nagash and use them to pick off weaker units. The giant is really just a big kill me that can hopefully take out a lot of weak things to buy your fimirs time to get close. 

Ill be on honest, on paper with just Nagash and Neferata you probably cant win with that army. Goblins have a naturally low hit roll and if hes smart he'll use Neferatta as commander which will basically render goblins useless. Fmirs are your only chance since they have 2 rending but they dont pack enough punch to reliably kill the undead god nor the movement speed to get to him before dying. 

Nagash will be general and use his command ability to reroll 1s to hit and save, he gains nefferatas spell then means he ignores rend plus arcane shield he is 2+As rerolling ones ignore rend. Only mortal wounds will do anything here but he will stop most of your spells so difficult. 

Your primary objective is that you have to kill nefferata asap (so Nagy loses spell) she will be at least 3+As reroll in 1s so your best counter is multi damage attacks (I.e trolls). 

Your best bet is to hold up Nagash with smaller units or good positioning of sacrificial shamans/cheap stuff or maybe even the troll hag as she heals D6 wounds per hero phase but ultimately won't last too long. While you Storm nefferata with giant and trolls. Once she is dead then throw all of your rend -2 stuff that's left alive at Nagash or continue to avoid him and concentrate on the scenario depends on battlefield layout at the time.

is a tough match for destruction so I tend to play to the scenario as opposed to try to kill him so far faced 3 nagash 1/1/1 (w/l/d) and haven't taken him down once (with destruction) 

however with Gordrakk in my army now I have a feeling this will change next time I face the big Nagy :-)

Finally my oponent didn't take Nagash;) He played Neferata and Arkhan instead.

We were playing Polish comp system "BattlePoints 1.5". 100 pts format. No scenario.

Destruction:

-Skarsnik

-Troll Hag

- Goblin shaman on wolf

-2x NG shaman

-3x Trolls

-3x River Trolls

-3x Fimirs

-Giant

-Squig Gobba

-30 NGs + Netters

-6 Fanatics

6bc49a3961f27f96ce4c97f4d49c5eca.jpg

Vs.

Death:

-Neferata

-Arkhan

-2x Morghasts

-3x 5x Hexwraiths

-30x Skeleton archers

(no summoningj;))

543df8ab7119e89904fc630f571f57c6.jpg

I set up with NGS in the middle in arch formation covering shamans an skarsnik from the sides (there were no summoning so I left No-one in the back). On the left there were Trolls with Hag and Shaman right behind. Giant on the left, and Gobba closing the center. River Trolls on left flank and Fimirs on the right.

0c76dd4921456c13dceda3bd76aa6c8c.jpg

And from my point of view my opponent set up: left flank 1 unit of Hexwraiths, 30 skeletons, Arkhan, Neferata, Morghasts, 2nd unit of Hexwraiths, and 3rd unit of Hexwraiths.

2b5d71445bb277dfc2a6cd866996a5a4.jpg

I won't get into details, as I am writing from smartfone;) but I was aiming to run with Giant for the archers, Fanatics to stop some of the cavalry. Flanks to hold ground and hold cavalry on the sides.

a76ee753b7d8dc181ea678d40adeedde.jpg

Unfortunately Neferata's ability reduced my hit values in 15", Arkhan was boosted with shield and no rends. So he stopped and killed Giant pretty quickly.

338156fc4fc58946a582ce33bac98580.jpg

In 2 rounds I lost Fanatics (didn't hit a thing!), Giant, a River Troll and couldn't do much with regular hits... until I shot Neferata with Curses of Bad Moon (boosted on mushrooms- so harder tounbind), also targeting Morghasts and Arkhan and Arcane Bolt. I finished her with Hag's vomit (10"!).

38296444bd9685e27660cf451728bde5.jpg

And from that moment life became easier;) I retreated with NGS using Skarsnik's Sneaky Schemes to inflict mortal wounds on units in 3".

c506b9a0f6ca193baf14221b49080926.jpg

Troll Hag Killed Arkhan.

02f94636911ed4f9be5ee97e627f6691.jpg

Fimirs killed Hexwraiths

b5131b9429f6dba4cdd0e3d4af41e8dc.jpg

And NGS finished Morghasts

90b5303d8d80580ba22b4d7dac33f7b9.jpg

Much of the damage was done from second row with Arcane bolts ans Skarsnik prodder. Casualties so far:

5358728844734e2cf0d893ffb0528fd7.jpg

Vs.

de8ac3733a9e9f57a5a809132edbe52c.jpg

And the rest was piece of cake. I lost Troll Hag as my opponent wanted to kill by any means;) Only units that stayed on my side were 20+NGS, NG shamans, Skarsnik and 3 immortal Fimirs;)

d6f9a10f67541bbdd80211d6b6fe26d0.jpg

195b7350bb7f70675efdceaedba7a699.jpg

00d8f7671a75baa889a149a7afca32b2.jpg

Battle won! Thanks for all advice;)

Waaaagh!

Wysłane z mojego Classic przy użyciu Tapatalka

Archived