Hinterlands jungle terrain (incorporating 40k Deathworld terrain)

Carnelian

Hi everyone

I've decided that one of my targets for the year is to develop a 4 x 4 game board jam packed with jungle terrain, in order to play both hinterlands and also shadow wars. 

I've not got the time to scratch build stuff so I was thinking of combining the existing AoS terrain with the 40k Deathworld box.

I think if I paint the ancient Eldar in the same colour as I paint a few Ophidian archways, a numinous occulum, some of the arcane ruins, and some wyldwoods then it will all match together nicely.

I wonder if anyone has used the Deathworld scenery like this before? I'd be grateful for some tips and photos. 

Im not sure whether the Deathworld stuff would look better based?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Lucio said:

Not convinced it'd work leaving the Eldar symbols in. You're better off making some Lustrian stepped pyramids.

Thanks for the thoughts. It's made me look again at the actual Deathworld terrain pieces (photos attached). I do still think they could fit the same aesthetic as the existing sigmar stuff of an ancient ruined civilisation but they are a bit angular compared to the rest of the sigmar stuff.

I'll have a think about what might be easily modified. Maybe just a rounding of the edges and some aggrellan earth to cracking over them.

99120199043_DeathWorldForest04.jpg

99120199043_DeathWorldForest03.jpg

4 hours ago, Lucio said:

The ruins are seperate to the plants, you  can build it without actually using those parts

Good to know

7 hours ago, Crowsfoot said:

Like you say too angular but you can easily sort that with a craft knife, throw some pva glue on here and there and sprinkle sand on, could work?

I'll give this a go and if it doesn't work out I guess it'll just be plants! Hoping to be able to twirl the plants around the AoS terrain somehow!

Archived