Ratling Gun

Ratling Gun

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
- General

Battalions
Verminus Clawpack (80)

Total: 2000/2000

But this list does not have any stormfiends in it?

If you were to take skweel with stormfiends, you'd be using the melee options over warpfire projectors then right? As the whip only works with melee weapons 

Hmm, I've been scratching my chin about this. 

I think most would agree bringing warpfire projectors is usually the best option, but now those Stormfiends are costing 400 points just for the clubbing blows to get a +1 to hit... but with no rend and 1 damage I wonder how big a difference that makes? It seems like it would be better to either: 1) take warpfire projectors and not bring skweel, using the 100 points elsewhere, or 2) take skweel and use melee weapons on the fiends to capitalize on the cost of skweel such that you're getting multi damage output with rend. For instance, doomflayers would be hitting on 2s wounding on 3s with -2 rend and D3 damage. The grinder fists would be 3s and 3s, giving you a better chance to get that -2 rend off with 3 damage each (no D3, just straight 3 damage!). The shock gauntlets actually seem like they'd benefit most because of the "electrical discharge." They would be hitting on 3s with 5s (rather than 6s) doing D6 attacks, -1 rend and 2 damage. And since "Herded into the fray" is not a magical ability, the rules of 1 do not apply, so you can stack it. Use two herded into the fray and the shock gauntlets will be hitting on 2s with 4s doing D6 attacks, -1 rend 2 damage each. 

It just seems more beneficial to use herded into the fray with melee weapons, or use warpfire projectors without Skweel at all. Of course, I'm probably wrong, and you have way more experience than I do Dez. I guess I'm just thinking out loud. I've just noticed the underlying theme of AoS vs. fantasy has been maximal efficiency and synergy, so I'm always trying to think about what combos would cause the most exponential and efficient gains - and it seems like using herded into the fray for a sub optimal attack is not a capitalization. 

I have a feeling I'm not wording my thoughts correctly... I hope you get what I'm saying :p. 

Oh wow it is 2 damage! I don't know how I forgot that! Well hmm in that case it doesnt sound too bad an idea. So really all you're losing is rend then. I'm going to try it! Things on paper are always different than in practice! 

Another list idea. Had another look at Arch-Warlock's scroll, He is amazing!

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Thanquol and Boneripper (500)
- Warpfire Projectors
Arch Warlock (140)
Skaven Warlord (100)
- Warpforged Blade
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (240)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (240)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60)
- Rusty Spear
3 x Stormfiends (300)

Units
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1980/2000

From memory it was

2 (maybe 3)x10 clan rats with Foe Blades

30 clan rates with Staves

Verminlord Deceiver 

And I think 2 plague catapults and a screaming bell (maybe the other way around)

Edit: Oh! And he used his remaining points to summon a balewind vortex and a Tzeentch pink sorcerer thingy?

Archived