Blood-blessed Skullreapers using Daemonforged Weapons

Question

58debfab81f81_AltarofSkulls.JPG.84256b0686e0c40bdc6e8cd6fc00f9c4.JPG58debfad3246c_DaemonforgedWeapons.JPG.90014a1d3bff44d4f3f8fadc95da991b.JPG

Say my Skullgrinder slays an unworthy enemy hero/monster with his Brazen Anvil, a unit of Skullreapers are within 8" of the event and become blood-blessed.

What happens when they roll a 6+ to hit when attacking with Daemonforged Weapons from that point onwards?

1 6+ hit roll=

• 2 dice to give 2 potential mortal wounds (or take 2 potential mortal wounds)
  • 2 dice to determine if 1 mortal wound is successful (but double the chance of a 1)
  • 1 dice to determine mortal wound output, second dice just a normal wound roll
  • another option..

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ****** said:

58debfab81f81_AltarofSkulls.JPG.84256b0686e0c40bdc6e8cd6fc00f9c4.JPG58debfad3246c_DaemonforgedWeapons.JPG.90014a1d3bff44d4f3f8fadc95da991b.JPG

Say my Skullgrinder slays an unworthy enemy hero/monster with his Brazen Anvil, a unit of Skullreapers are within 8" of the event and become blood-blessed.

What happens when they roll a 6+ to hit when attacking with Daemonforged Weapons from that point onwards?

1 6+ hit roll=

• 2 dice to give 2 potential mortal wounds (or take 2 potential mortal wounds)
  • 2 dice to determine if 1 mortal wound is successful (but double the chance of a 1)
  • 1 dice to determine mortal wound output, second dice just a normal wound roll
  • another option..

My (possibly incorrect) thake on it. It's easy to get things cloudy, so here is my step by step:

1A. 4+ (to hit) rolls (in the event of being blood-blessed) lead to 2 wound rolls.
1B. 6(+ to hit) rolls lead to +1 additional mortal wound on succesful wound rolls, in addition to other wounds.
2. Keep track of 1's rolled for to wound because of 1B!

Example, you roll 1 6 = 2 wound rolls +1 mortal wound roll for succesful wound rolls.
If you roll 2 6's = 4 wound rolls +1 mortal wound rolls wound roll for succesful wound rolls.
etc.  Keep in mind that the mortal wound only shows up on a 6+ and 2 wound rolls on 4+.

So for X 4+'s you recieve 2 wound rolls instead of 1. Then for each of that wound rolls that is succesful your opponents recieves +1 mortal wound in addition to the other wounds. This all adds up to a possible very high number of wounds. Just keep in mind that you check the 4+'s first, which 6's are also a part of before cascading wounds.

Edit: To keep it as clear as possible:
Blood Blessed has 4+ to hit rolls leading to two wound rolls.
Daemonforged Weapons has 6+ to hit rolls with succesful to wound rolls contributing into an additional mortal wound.

Because of the way they 'trigger' it isn't an easy add up, you have to keep track of the eyes rolled. I'd suggest using different coloured dice to ensure what you are doing is correct. Because it's easy to misuse it.

Rolls in this case of 6's only initially lead to two wounds. Those specific (6) rolls can have an additional mortal wound added to them only if the follow up wound roll is succesful. 

A 6 rolled (for hitting) in this case leads to two to wound dice instead of one. Only these to wound dice generated out of the 6*(for hitting) can generate additional mortal wounds.

want another level of fun on top of this? add skulltake battalions effects with a mighty lord of khorne & stoker buffing the unit xD took like 15 minutes to workout some attacks i was doing the other day. literally gave me a headache 

49 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

want another level of fun on top of this? add skulltake battalions effects with a mighty lord of khorne & stoker buffing the unit xD took like 15 minutes to workout some attacks i was doing the other day. literally gave me a headache 

:D Coloured dice and time are the awnser. Sometimes the synergies stack up so much that you really need to keep track of previous rolls in order to resolve other rolls more correctly. Though the advantage of the above is that it will not happen that often. In many cases if you decide to thake a list that will possibly go as deep in these type of synergies it helps writing down the possible results.

In this case in the practicle sence I'd, keep track of 6's rolled to hit and turn those into two red (or whatever other colour) dice to ensure you and your opponent understand that these dice where generated out of the 6 rolled before. This way it can even be helpful to have up to 3 colours of dice available :) 

On 31 March 2017 at 10:50 PM, BaldoBeardo said:

Effectively the attack is multiplied into two. So two wound rolls = two potential mortal wounds = two potential wounds on the unit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Happy days, well I've been playing it this way. Just the more I read over the item description the more I read it as attack is singular and mortal wound caused is singular. Obv not written with potential blood blessing in mind, and if it was it would probably cause even more confusion.

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

This happened in the first game I played with a skulltake. Was totally unprepared for that extra level of complexity at the time. I didn't have a Lord on a Jugger either.

5 hours ago, Killax said:

:D Coloured dice and time are the awnser. Sometimes the synergies stack up so much that you really need to keep track of previous rolls in order to resolve other rolls more correctly. Though the advantage of the above is that it will not happen that often. In many cases if you decide to thake a list that will possibly go as deep in these type of synergies it helps writing down the possible results.

In this case in the practicle sence I'd, keep track of 6's rolled to hit and turn those into two red (or whatever other colour) dice to ensure you and your opponent understand that these dice where generated out of the 6 rolled before. This way it can even be helpful to have up to 3 colours of dice available :) 

Awesome idea!

Archived