Woods

Ralphy99

Question

Question 1.  Sylvaneth players can, with a few good rolls, block off my entire deployment zone with woods and stop any big models without fly from moving past them invalidating over half my army.  Is this good for the game?  It feels very much like a gotcha and a null game seeing as destruction tend to run several big beasts.  Were the forests meant to be played as unpassable? I can understand a unit taking damage through this terrain but to stop models from being able to be moved seems silly.  

Question 2.  Woods don't cost any points to slyvaneth players.  But summoning and reinforcements do.  I don't see the difference between summoning a unit and summoning a wood? 

I am mainly talking about competitive play here and I am interested to hear both sides of the argument. 

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that they are unpassable.  Nothing in their warscroll states that you cannot move across, up, over or through them.  Also as per the warscroll they are to be set up within 1 inch of each other.  That means that all 1-3 forest sections must be within 1 inch of all other forest sections forming a cluster - not a line.  Forming a line with them would mean the two end sections were not within 1 inch of each other.  This is different from the unit cohesion rule which clearly states: "all models within 1" of at least one other model from their unit"

Archived