AoS mini tourney in Sweden

Throwing some ideas down before the recap on the podcast. 

80/100 SCGT 3 rounds

Fyreslayers (only) - just real brief highlights only until I can wrangle the pics onto my desktop.

game 1 vs. Seraphon led by Hero on Carnosaur -  The Magmadroth sacrificed itself in the usual magma bomb manner to deal out mortal wounds. Seraphon infantry are just a tough nut to crack, especially without rend 2 and when your opponent makes most of his saves:) I blocked myself off with a stupid charge move so the saurus piled in around the Grimwrath Berzerker but the Carno with reach came form behind and I couldn't pile in towards being in reach with him. Got tabled in final turn. I need to focus more on bringing a unit down rather than spreading myself thin. 

game 2 vs. Ogres finally got to experience the joy of the stonehorn:) Luckily my vulkites had 20 alive still so the 4+ ward helped to weather the unit. In fact, it made all the diff in the game as the Karl was the lone survivor, thus keeping the SH and preventing his next charge. I think I lost every initiative in that game. Got much more kill points this time, though. Was another bad scenario for us both with units capturing objectives (more than your opponent) he had 3, my list had 4 but I dropped the auric hearthguard as their shooting would have been pointless and I needed the extra Grimwrath and Runeson instead (his command let my army re-roll wounds vs. models with 3+ wounds so that knocked out the mystic shielded gutstar. His gnoblars had his two obj on his side and I decided to get some kill points so had the smiter tunnel up with 20 vulkites in the middle of the board instead but again failed charge. Thundretusk pinned me with SH on the opposite flank. Was just a grind in the center but this time two Grimwraths got to deal a parting kiss as they died, which knocked out the Tyrant. Then the SH arrived... haha

game 3 vs. Seraphon w/Slaan I won eventually by knocking his units able to capture objectives out but this was by far the most exciting and cinematic game of the event. I really hope I can get pics up because the one of the 40 saurus with spears piled in around the runeson on Magmabomb was epic! Some odd combat moves towards the Slaan and dealt some comical wounds with the nerf axes (the throwing axes all Fyreslayers get) and the tide turned when the infantry pressed the lizards and heroes tied up their supporting units. Grimwraths redeemed their prior matches' shame by this time killing that damnable Engine of the Gods eventually and dropping the smaller saurus units to give me objective/scenario points for the win. The skink priest and Slann moved away from the circling advance and ended up in the middle but charges missed at that last turn. The runemaster continued to be useful with the threat of Volcano Call (over actually doing it) directing the flow of opponent's troops and I've decided to add a second runemaster to my collection.

pics are available in my twitterfeed for the time being @kennylull  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh, sorry, totally skipped that:)

From Fyreslayers tactics I found often best use of Magmadroth is send him into the tough guys, as many diff units as possible, do real damage (since hero often blows) by bleeding, and tail lashing some. You bleed in every phase, so if they shoot into combat you my bleed on them again, thus I coined "magmabomb" I guess the way A-bomb came about.

Runeson on Magmadroth/bomb

3x Grimwrath Berzerkers

Runesmiter

Runemaster

Runson on foot

10 auric hearthuard

2 x 20 vulkites w/double weapons

5 hearthguard berzerkers w/flaming poles

Archived