Khorne - Bloodstorm Bloodhound Warband

davidslv

Hello,

I'm quite new into AoS (around 2 weeks into the game) and I'm trying to get ready for a local tournament in the beginning of next month.

Today I played against a friend of mine (we played domination from SCGT v1.0 document) with the following setup:

Name Unit Size Points
Scyla Anfingrimm 1 100
SlaughterPriest With Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer 1 100
Bloodsecrator 1 120
Bloodstoker 1 80
Mighty Lorde of Khorne 1 140
Skarr Bloodwrath 1 120

Blood Warriors 15 300
Blood Warriors 10 200
Bloodreavers 20 120
Bloodreavers 10 60
Mighty Skullcrushers 6 320
Mighty Skullcrushers 3 160
Wrathmongers 5 180

He was playing with Order (I can't publish his list though)

I felt that I had a great start, by scoring in both sides of the table by using my Skullcrushers, but then I think I've also made a lot of mistakes trying to be greedy and score as early as possible, that cost me all the 9 skullcrushers by turn 2. By the end of turn 4 my army was gone and he was able to catchup and win 12 - 10.

I had a thought about this, mostly I feel that I didn't use the Skullcrushers at their best - that's because I didn't had the chance to use the Murderous Charge and his army had lots of shooting, which mine lacks dramatically, except for the SlaughterPriest prayer for mortal wounds on a roll of 4+ (which never happened, I guess that was because I didn't even attack with it, if I had slain an enemy it would have dropped it to 3+)

What I think I've used well was Skarr, I've managed to use it in the middle of a big unit and get 15 attacks instead of the original 5, then he died and because my friend killed more than 8 models, it came back to life (at this point a question came out, do I need to allocate points to make it come back to the game?) and using Scyla ability to pile in 6" was great because I've manage to move 8", charge towards one unit and then piled in 6" into another unit (which later also turned out to be a mistake on me, as I left my area without enough units to score)

So, I've been thinking the rest of the afternoon and doing some research, something I overlooked was battalions, and given the models I have and trying to not break the bank (even more than I've done for this month) I've came up with the following, which I would like your opinion on what I should change, this is because I suspect that at the tournament there will be people bringing tougher armies.

The following is the list I would like advice on, please:

Bloodbound Warband         120   Total Points
Abilities:
- Bloodrain: If at least 3 units from a Bloodbound Warband are within 3" of an enemy unit at the start of your hero phase.
KHORNE units in your army do not need to take battleshock tests.
- Frenzied Charge: When units in a Bloodbound Warband make attacks in any turn that they charged, add 1 to the attacks of all melee weapons
Name Leader Unit Size Units Points per Unit Points    
Aspiring Deathbringer Yes 1 1 80 80   Total Leaders
Bloodsecrator Yes 1 1 80 80   6
Blood Warriors No 5 3 100 300    
Bloodreavers No 10 1 60 60    
Skullreapers No 5 1 140 140    

Bloodstorm         140    
Abilities:
- Coalescent Fury: If a hit roll for a model from Bloodstorm is 6 or more,
you can immediately make an additional hit roll for the model against the same target.
- Storm of Gore: You don't need to take battleshock tests for KHORNE units that are
within 8" of a model from Bloodstorm. In addition, subtract 1 from the hit rolls of any attacks made against Bloodstorm in the shooting phase.

Wrathmongers No 5 3 180 540    

SlaughterPriest With Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer Yes 1 1 100 100    
Scyla Anfingrimm Yes 1 1 100 100    
Mighty Lorde of Khorne Yes 1 1 140 140    
Bloodsecrator Yes 1 1 80 80    
Bloodreavers No 20 2 60 120    
Skarr Bloodwrath Yes_ 1 0 120 0 (change it for another priest or bloodsecrator)  
Mighty Skullcrushers No 3 0 160 0    

Thank you for your time,

David

skarr is currently waiting a FAQ.

the slaughterpriest is rather meh tbh, and their worth will greatly increase when we see a Khorne battletome come out ( going by the stormcast one ) hes someone who you cant get into combat particularly quick, but is only really useful once in combat, which he doesnt even do that well only real use is the guy with the big axe for unlimited unbinds ( faq ) 

that blood storm battalion. costs 140 points ! 140! know what you can get for that? 5 skullreapers. do you need 3 units of wrath mongers? not really, susceptible to shooting, which is what people will do as they don't want them in combat, i'd take 1 unit, enough of a threat to alter deployment, but not one to warrant serious hate.

bloodbound warband. grants immunity to battle shock and a attack on the charge, know what else does that? the guy in the battalion who costs as much as it, the bloodsecrator. but he does it for all khorne within 18" - battalion is redundant by a single model within the battalion :S drop the battalion and stick in a 2nd bloodsecrator

blood warriors are vastly better in units of 10 due to the goreglaive you unlock when you take 10. ( put it on your champion ) easily get him up to 5 attacks.

you like running the skullcrushers? theyve a battalion which makes their murderous charge auto hit if they are near each other, and yolu can take them as battleline with the lord as your general. so that'll be minimum 10 skullcrushers  1 of which is the lord. if you've planted your banner and are within range they gain +2 per banner as mount and rider both gain an attack, so if you put an additional banner in that's +4 attacks per model. 

so thats like d3 mortal wounds, 4 attacks 4+3+-1 1dmg and 5 attacks 3+3+- 1 dmg. 9 attacks total including mortal wounds. not bad for battleline ( not the best mind but certainly not bad ) 

Hi @Arkiham,

Thanks for your answer.

I originally thought of keeping the Wrathmongers a small unit of 5. I see how your points are quite valid for both battalions.

Although, wouldn't it be useful to use it to deploy 5 units at once?

I've considered the Brass Stampede, which only costs 80 points, but I don't have the Lorde of Khorne on Juggernaut, do you know if I could use a Mighty skullcrusher in his place? I'm not sure if that's possible.

I believe that I could exchange the SlaughterPriest with Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear or even a Skullgrinder?

Thanks for answering.

Sure why not,  it's the same model but with weapon in different hand, you could use a axe from the bloodwarriors sprue instead of the normal load out. I've some kitbashed crushers I can show you in like 12 hours (working currently) which show how I mean 

Yeah it's easy, just use the left handed axe from the blood warriors, you might need some green stuff, and you could probably just use the normal Skullcrusher axe in the right arm, that'll look pretty cool.

If not just cut the axe off and glue on the shield, should look alright.

I love the model with the banner on his back, looks awesome, keep one of the helmets from the blood warriors if you've spare also as they look so mean and angry.

I'll bash one together tonight as I've all the kits required if you need help. 

Hi, 

This is what I've done.

I've used the left arm with the axe from the Blood Warriors and I've turned the arm on the right upside down with one of this shields it comes with the skullcrushers. I tried to make it look as close as possible from Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut. Only thing is missing to be really close is the cape the Lord has, but I believe this will do for now :)

Thanks for the ideas

IMG_4824.JPG

Archived