Anyone have experience using the Goreblade warband?

TrexPushups

I'm currently painting a 1000 point list for an April tournament that is this plus a skullcannon.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using it in tournament play.

Especially if you ran into trouble.

9793e834dc919bbbd8380b6c238984f5.jpg88a348d5b499c3ddb3496dad52bb4e57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall, but if khorgorath not needed for gorblade then I would swap for slaughterpriest as he is great - ranged mw, can pull units and more unbind. Assuming the points work of course - I am on a tram at the moment and don't have books to hand to check.

I don't recall, but if khorgorath not needed for gorblade then I would swap for slaughterpriest as he is great - ranged mw, can pull units and more unbind. Assuming the points work of course - I am on a tram at the moment and don't have books to hand to check.

The only unit not required for the battalion is the skull cannon.

The list has 2 drops.

I use the goreblade all of the time. Really really strong formation, IMO the best one out of the book. The abilities help with speed and really boost the attacks of the units

Before I get too deep into painting should I paint my blood Warriors with gorefist or two axes?

I have a lot of work ahead of me either way as the bloodreavers with meat ripper axes still need assembly and all except mighty lord and bloodstoker are not even close to ready.

I have until April 8th

I believe double axes > gorefists on the basis that they are more easily buffiable (+A) in the context of a Bloodbound army.
However, the benefits are negligible, so go with which ever you prefer.

Looking carefully it appears there is a minor advantage to the gorefist in that they work in all phases so long as the attacking unit is within 1 inch.

So I could potentially hurt judicators that shot me after I engaged them.

Archived