Beastclaw Tactics

thediceabide

Hey guys, I just finished my Beastclaw Raiders unit analysis and thought I'd share it with the community! First up are all the units warscrolls, next article will cover the Allegiance abilities, battalions, and some list ideas. Cheers!

Breakdown of units:
Age of Sigmar Tactics: Beastclaw Raiders, part 1

Alright guys, I've finished part 2! Read about our Allegiance Abilities, Command Traits, Artefacts, Warscroll Battlions and some list ideas: 
Age of Sigmar Tactics: Beastclaw Raiders, part 2

Really enjoyed the article. Good in depth evaluation of each unit.

A couple of suggestions:

Took me a while to understand what the charts were representing - if might be beneficial to explain what the values mean (it might be you have done this before, and I have completely missed it). However, once I understood what the numbers represented it made for some interesting comparisons.

Have you thought about analysing the battalions as well?

Cool, thanks for writing this! I second what Caffran says, the charts are not entirely obvious. Without axis labels, I actually have no idea what they represent. I would also consider splitting future articles up into shorter segments. This one, for example, could be split into one post on leaders, and one post on other units. That would make it easier on the reader, since not all of us have the time available to read through all of it in one go.

Really though, thanks a lot for writing this!

Loved this write up and really let me see the potential versatility in BCR. As an aspiring beastclaw player and refuser of triple huskard on thundertusk I am wondering what to do to mix it up a bit.

Still toying with the idea of 12 Mournfang! 

4 hours ago, Caffran101 said:

Really enjoyed the article. Good in depth evaluation of each unit.

A couple of suggestions:

Took me a while to understand what the charts were representing - if might be beneficial to explain what the values mean (it might be you have done this before, and I have completely missed it). However, once I understood what the numbers represented it made for some interesting comparisons.

Have you thought about analysing the battalions as well?

Yup, I'll be covering Battalions in Part 2!

I have added in the description of the graph, just so that it's clear, "Chance of causing X wounds, the green band shows one standard deviation from average."

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

Cool, thanks for writing this! I second what Caffran says, the charts are not entirely obvious. Without axis labels, I actually have no idea what they represent. I would also consider splitting future articles up into shorter segments. This one, for example, could be split into one post on leaders, and one post on other units. That would make it easier on the reader, since not all of us have the time available to read through all of it in one go.

Really though, thanks a lot for writing this!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I usually do split it up, but for some reason I decided to do all the units in a single article... Probably a bit too much as you said, but hey, it makes it easier to reference. :) 

2 hours ago, Simba78 said:

Loved this write up and really let me see the potential versatility in BCR. As an aspiring beastclaw player and refuser of triple huskard on thundertusk I am wondering what to do to mix it up a bit.

Still toying with the idea of 12 Mournfang! 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I have one Thundertusk Huskard that I've converted extensively, the prospect of making two more is rather daunting. I don't actually think that triple Huskard is all that great, it's heavily reliant on your opponent not out-ranging out and knocking you down to D6 damage before you can alpha strike something.

Thank you all for the feedback! If you want to try out the combat calculator yourself, check it out, it's a pretty good tool: http://tools.druchii.net/AoS-Combat-Calculator.php

• 2 weeks later...

Archived