I have 2 FEC Start Collection Boxes. How would you start?

Dez

Hi! 

I finally got my 2 Start Collecting Flesh Eater Courts boxes in. I got them just so we'd have more Death represented here, and I could break it out for demo games. My question is, how would you build them? I'm not really planning on expanding much (he says...) and I have about 40 Ghoul/Zombie models ready to go already. One thing I like is the Crypt Flayers, they have the ability to Fly and cause Mortal Wounds.

I would build horrors personally, but I like them more.  You are right though, the Flayers are like the only real source of rend and mortal wounds.  You could easily do 6 flayers (or 5 and courtier, if you don't mind paying for 6 but having 5).  I'd build a ghoul king on both terrorgheist and zombie dragon so you can pick which to use.  And if you have ghouls already, maybe build one or two ghast courtiers out of the ghouls?

I built zombie dragon with ghoul king (changeable with vampire lord), terrorgheist with ghoul king, and chose the horrors route.

i bought a spare body and legs from parts store to make the crypt ghast courtier with the spare heads etc.

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (400)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Tomb Blade
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Tomb Blade
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Battleline
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
3 x Crypt Horrors (140)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Haunter Courtier General)
3 x Crypt Horrors (140)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Haunter Courtier General)

Units

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (100)

Total: 1980/2000

Also, I started building

large.fullsizeoutput_2c3e.jpeg.0ff7675fea1e4dd1874598cefe91020c.jpeg

Archived