Warpfire Dragons

hobgoblinclub

Has anyone used a warpfire dragon in AoS yet?  Looking at their warscroll, I think they could be pretty nasty.  I'm contemplating buying the Forge World one, getting the Dark Elf black dragon, and running two.  I figure you just push them both into the enemy's face, blow out warpfire, rip into them, and explode when you're finally brought down.  That's got to be a handful for any opponent. Two of them would look cool and, hopefully. smash face.  Anyone run one?  Or does anyone know if they're around the same size?  Thanks.

Dreadlord on Black DragonWarpfire Dragon

Ah!  I didn't realise Forge World did any plastic bits.  That settles it then.  They were born to fly side by side.

Think I'll paint them muted Tzeetchy tones.

I might pick up the Forge World one on our road trip to Warhammer World/Warhammer Fest next week.

It's a shame that Chaos can't take the Carmine Dragon, think it looks much prettier (although has a steeper price tag). I think the Black Dragon will make a good substitute, especially if you haven't go the money to fork out on Forge World models

It makes a great substitute by the sounds of things.  If it's got some of the same components, they should look like a really good match.

Anyway, it was an idea yesterday; today it is reality.  I bought myself this little beauty at my local GW today.  Can't wait to put them both together!

Dragon.jpg

Problem is the Warpfire Dragon is embarrassingly weak - especially compared to the Carmine dragon, the Dread Maw, the Dread Saurian etc.. It's also considerably worse than the Galrauch.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, alasdair said:

I've only ever played against one.

It was relatively meagre in combat but it's shooting attack and the resultant explosion when I killed it were nothing to sniff at whatsoever. 

I like this. 

I've decided I'm going to get the first one built (the dark elf dragon) and see how he plays before buying the Forge World one. Hobby restraint! 

Yes, @Dangermouse425, it very much is. I'm currently putting together a Tzeentch/Nurgle list. Sounds gamey, but it's genuinely just all the bigger models I like. Gonna run the trolls I got from you as bile trolls alongside my blightkings. Should look cool. 

Archived