1K Dæmon Cohort of Slaanesh

Squirrelmaster

So far I've pretty much only played AoS as Tomb Kings, thought it was time to try something different.

I'm working towards my first 1000pts of chaos, centered around Slaanesh dæmons. I already have a KoS and 30 dæmonettes, so I'm thinking a full dæmonic cohort.

Something like:

Keeper of Secrets 280
Herald of Slaanesh (on steed) 60
3 x 10 Dæmonettes 360
5 Seekers 120
Cohort 40

That leaves me 140 to play around with.

(Accidentally submitted before I'd finished, so I'll continue in a second post).

I'm thinking maybe 5 Hellstriders (and maybe 6 giant rats just to eat up the leftover points), but that's gonna leave me lacking for mortal wounds. A Chaos Sorcerer Lord could really buff a unit (coupled with the Keeper's command), but maybe I should set aside some points and try for summoning a Herald of Tzeentch turn 1.

Any thoughts?

I came second at a tourney with:

Daemon Prince 160

Herald of Slaanesh (on steed) 60

2 x 20 Dæmonettes 480

1 x 10 Dæmonettes 120

5 Seekers 120

Cohort 40 

on keeper, yes shes lovely but I didn't have her painted at the time, its an easy swap out for nettes, but I liked the numbers with this force as you will be on par with raw numbers for most things, and large nette units are evil fun...

and you can deploy in 1 hit so can decide to go first or second

Hmm… I guess boosting one of those 'nette units to 20 models would be another way to use the points, hadn't really thought of that.

Did you find the lack of mortal wounds limiting? I'm having nightmarish visions of a Treelord Ancient just rolling my whole army up.

In any case, thanks for the feedback.

Archived