Cloak of mists and shadows. Does this count as having retreated if within 3" of an enemy?

Southern trolls

Question

12 answers to this question

I see ☺️ so this the whole moving without moving discussion again when a move is a set up, that has not been resolved yet. It's probably going to be in the next FAQ. I am fine if it is ruled either way but I am more in the "if it quacks like a duck"-camp so that is my prediction for how it is going to be ruled. But I could be wrong and I am out of this discussion until then.

9 hours ago, rokapoke said:

It depends on if you start the movement phase within 3" of the enemy. Heinrich Kemmler's ability takes place in the hero phase, so I'd say it's not a retreat. 

No there are plenty of movement shenanigans in the Hero phase that counts as a retreat for example the destruction move. It depends if this is to be considered a move at all. Is it a move if the model is moving or is it a move only if it is stated as such.

2 hours ago, Andreas said:

No there are plenty of movement shenanigans in the Hero phase that counts as a retreat for example the destruction move. It depends if this is to be considered a move at all. Is it a move if the model is moving or is it a move only if it is stated as such.

This action doesn't reference "as if it was the movement phase," which is why it doesn't carry the same restrictions as such a move (e.g., retreating). 

Archived