Morbidex Twiceborn

Sangfroid

Question

Matched play question, Morbidex Twiceborns "Lord of nurglings" ability allows you to set up D3 nurglings within 7" either add to an existing unit or set up a new unit. 

1) if an existing unit it can only work if they have taken casualties and only back up to the original unit size (right?) this I assume costs zero reinforcement points

2) new unit whether 1 or 2 or 3 bases costs 80 reinforcement points (right?) 

3) so if you set up a new unit of say 1 nurglings base, pay the 80 points from your pool, then next turn cast the ability again can you increase the 1 nurglings base up to max of 3 bases AND not pay the 80 points again due to the fact this was paid from the reinforcement points of the previous turn OR can this "unit" never exceed 1 base as that was the size of it when deployed (via reinforcement points). 

4) similarly if the ability created a new unit of 3 bases would 1) apply? (This one I think is obvious but included for completeness) 

6 answers to this question

Had the same question the answers are 

1) yes you can only reinforce up to max size so the unit would have to start smaller or take casualties to add to it, 

2) new unit cost the 80 points no matter how many you add

3) you only have to pay to start the unit adding to it once it is started doesn't cost any more and it can grow to max unit size

4) Not sure I understand this one.

Hope that helps. 

Careful on 3). Individual opponents may allow it, but strict reading if you summon a unit of 1 nurgling base you have to pay 80pts for it, and you can't add to it because it had a starting size of 1.
It's irrelevant that you got 'overcharged' when the unit was created.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

@Kovaks Units can only be reinforced up to their starting unit size, not their maximum unit size.

1. Yes, only back to their original size, and it costs no points.

2. Yes, under-strength units still pay the full cost for a minimum-sized unit.

3. If they were summoned as a single base, they can never exceed a single base.

4. Yes, if summoned as a unit of 3, they can never exceed 3 bases, but you can replace any casualties at no cost, so long as the unit still has at least one base left.

Archived