Looking to get into Dwarves and in need of help!

BrBandit

I'm looking to start a new army and I've settled on Dwarves. I'm looking for advice as I play in quite a competitive group (I play Sylvaneth mainly) and I know they currently are not in the best position.

I've checked out some of the posts on here and the 1d4 chan article but I'm still struggling to create a competitive 1500 pts.

Go for the ones with Mohawks. Read the lets talk Fyreslayers tread. Follow the advice and you get a list that you will win some games with. Wait until summer and you might get 25% points more to play with in the GH2. Crush your gaming group. ?

But this is just my opinion. And also first morgage your house or something.

Another tip might be to be patient and wait for the airship and the new bling.

It may be worth waiting for the new Duaradin faction to pop up.

However in the meantime if you want "Traditional" dwarfs over fyreslayers may i suggest ironbreakers and irondrakes as there are many indications that they are likely to be incorporated into the new duaradin faction.

Is their a particular point you are struggling with? and what is your standpoint on compendium models?

7 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

It may be worth waiting for the new Duaradin faction to pop up.

However in the meantime if you want "Traditional" dwarfs over fyreslayers may i suggest ironbreakers and irondrakes as there are many indications that they are likely to be incorporated into the new duaradin faction.

Is their a particular point you are struggling with? and what is your standpoint on compendium models?

I'm just looking to find out more about cool synergies, effective units and examples of lists at 1000 and 1500 pts.

I have an Empire army and I'm considered trying out Irondrakes/long beards in it for more resilient range and line holding support. I thought it would be handy to ask for advice on how I could expand if I wanted to and how they might mix with the new dwarves!

As for compendium I don't mind - I'm just aware that some stuff is really difficult to find :) 

All the above comments are a good place to start! It might be worth just waiting. 

But if you really have the urge to jump into Dwarves I'd go with the list I fought against this weekend. I got my pants handed to me as Dwarves are already a tough nut to crack. 

Celestial Hurricanum

Bugman

Grim Burlockson

Runelord

20 x Dwarf warriors

10 x Empire Handgunners

10 x Empire Handgunners

30 x Quarellers

20 x Quarellers

Flame Cannon

Flame Cannon

Ungrim as a general is very underated and under priced points wise IMO. with him on the field the old slayers are actually worth taking.

Other than that id agree on the above more or less as whenever ive played dwarfs the strategy is much the same.

Defensive shield walls. With warmachines that ensure that the enemy cannot afford to sit and wait you out and must come to you.

I had slapped this lot together the other week and it actually worked like a dream.

Ungrim Ironfist - General

Thorek Ironbrow

Dwarf Engineer

20X Dwarf Warriors

10x Dwarf Warriors

10x Dwarf Warriors

10XIron Breakers

10x Slayers

Cannon

Flame Cannon

Organ Gun

1500 exactly