Planning to do a slaanesh themed force don't know how to go about it

shinros

I am planning to do a slaanesh force(since GW don't feel like doing death) I am planning for my general to be the chaos sorceror lord on the manticore love the model and rules. The issue though is the synergy aspect funny enough still haven't really won a game yet in my local store since I tend to be a fluffy guy and playing death and devoted of sigmar is not great for my win rate. xD

Still even if I like the chaos sorceror lord on the manticore, the slaaneshi lords have a lot more synergy with your mortal units or do I mix in some daemons if I plan to go the manticore route? A slaanesh force seems to be in precarious situation but they seem fun to play.

I have seen people advise me to take the daemon cohort of slaanesh as a starting point but I wanted to see what people had to say here. 

I would probably hold off from starting a Slaanesh army right now, particularly if you've been concerned by the lack of updates for Death. The lore for Slaanesh in AoS so far and the current events in 40K seem pretty suggestive that Slaanesh is either going to be written out entirely or get an update in the near future (although who knows with GW). I would probably wait a couple months at least to see what things look like after the dust settles from the Fracture of Biel-Tan in 40K.

I haven't seen the Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore in play, but their spell seems pretty potent and it's always nice to have a monster on the field and more wounds for your caster. That said, I would be inclined to go with one of the Slaanesh lords/Lord of Chaos with the Mark as your actual general, even with the manticore on the field. The Slaanesh-specific units can be quite fragile, but Slaves to Darkness models with the Mark can help beef them up significantly. A battleline composed of Daemonettes and Chaos Warriors can be a great hammer and anvil.

Slaanesh is not going to be written out I think the opposite actually I think they are preparing an update. Still that's not the point of the topic, thanks for the advice the spell is quite potent hence why I wanted to pick him up. 

Chaos warriors holding the line while daemonette's flank I like the sound of that. 

There will probably be an update "soon". I would go with daemons and/or slaves to darkness, but a smaller army (1000-1500 points) for now. Get going with those and expand it into a full army when the update drops. I avoid anything (from GW) that is not plastic or on round bases yet and/or that is webstore only; unless it's really cool, of course. :P

Warriors, daemon princes of Slaanesh, daemonettes and seekers are good and unlikely to be replaced. The chariots are all stunning and fairly new, so I would be surprised to see them go. Knights tanking/screening for the fast Slaanesh stuff could be effective.

I think (i.e. check) that the sorcerer on Manticore is compendium, but the other build is not. So maybe go for that instead. The chaos sorcerer lord of foot and the chaos lord on foot (not on a round though, converted mine from the free WD mini) are both quite good too.

30 minutes ago, DarkBlack said:

There will probably be an update "soon". I would go with daemons and/or slaves to darkness, but a smaller army (1000-1500 points) for now. Get going with those and expand it into a full army when the update drops. I avoid anything (from GW) that is not plastic or on round bases yet and/or that is webstore only; unless it's really cool, of course. :P

Warriors, daemon princes of Slaanesh, daemonettes and seekers are good and unlikely to be replaced. The chariots are all stunning and fairly new, so I would be surprised to see them go. Knights tanking/screening for the fast Slaanesh stuff could be effective.

I think (i.e. check) that the sorcerer on Manticore is compendium, but the other build is not. So maybe go for that instead. The chaos sorcerer lord of foot and the chaos lord on foot (not on a round though, converted mine from the free WD mini) are both quite good too.

Yeah talked with some other people and they recommend to go daemon cohort since it can use recent models that are unlikely to be replaced since many of the slaanesh stuff in host is resin or metal. Made this list hitting exactly 1000 points if I go further to 1500 going to add some hellstriders and chaos warriors and maybe a chariot. 

LEADERS Daemon Prince (160) - General - Command Trait : Dark Avenger - Sword - Flying - Artefact : Chaos Runeblade

Herald Of Slaanesh (60) - Artefact : Chaos Talisman

10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (120)

10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (120)

10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (120) -

5 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (120)

10 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen/Knights (200)

10 x Chaos Marauders (60)

BATTALIONS Daemon Cohort of Slaneesh (40)

I'm a big fan of mortal slaanesh in AoS, and I agree with you that I think there are great things to come with them.

In the mean time, I would seriously consider a Lord of Slaanesh on daemonic mount  the famous boobsnake lord, who is just a beautiful model.  Give him lord of war or crown of conquest and thou art laughing.

his warscroll, linked has a nice command ability... which makes knights frightening, and more importantly works beautifully with Hellstriders as he moves as quickly as they do. - and coupled with a chaos sorcerers daemonic power spell suddenly makes this lot quite frightening.

...especially if transported by Sayl the faithless' traitors mist. :)

99110201139_LordofSlaaneshonDaemonicMoun

kitbashing beastmen gors with marauder and daemonette arms and heads would look very slaaneshi as well, or even they kyric acolyte models converted a-la-duncan which are just beautiful... and that is what a slaaneshi army should be... beautiful.

I don't know if there is anything to be had by taking the daemon prince, and they might be points better spent.  A keeper would fit nicely in this lot but I do feel that there's still a separation between daemonic and mortal units that will hinder until a slaanesh equivalent of the Bloodsecrator comes along who can affect just SLAANESH keyword.

Slaanesh chosen or warriors would be pretty brutal with mounted lord behind them. :)

It is metal but it is beautiful... I did not paint it as beautiful as the model in GW website but the guy is just sick (the mount is not so nice though...)

Also I have daemonettes by Juan Diaz (old ones) and imo they are completely worthy, much more slaaneshi than the current ones!

If you have trouble when glueing then ask your hobby store and they will surely help you! 

My model is at least 10 years old and I destroyed it when I was a kid but I could recover fairly well a few weeks ago, and its command ability is just great to use with Archaon or large Slaanesh chaos knights/warriors!

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic mount (1).jpg

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic mount (2).jpg

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic mount (3).jpg

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic mount (4).jpg

more inspiration for you...

Slaanesh horsemen - This was, from a painters' perspective a really lovely model. The hellstrider body works really well on the marauder horse I feel,   however the horse has to be carved at the saddle in order to allow the lower legs to sit properly on the rider
file_zpscd79f3d4.jpg
file_zps6f575a0e.jpg
file_zpsf22b8152.jpgfile_zps5505616b.jpg
file_zps9b450bdf.jpg

Archived