New Ironjawz Units - What would you like to see?

mrstimpson38

2 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Or a gargant that is like the aleguzzler gargant but cost 240-260pts rather than 180.

Move: 6"
Battleshock: 7
Wounds: 10-12
Save: 3+

Rule change: 
Beaten into shape - The ironjawz do not let the gargants off easily and in order to protect their interest does not feed it ale. Unlike other gargants, the Ironjawz Gargant is not subjected to Drunken stagger.
Armoured Minion - Rather than send them in to kill, the ironjawz amor their gargants to last in combat. The gargant is equipped with a Scrap Axe, a Scrap shield and wears Scrap armour. A scrap axe deals: A2-3/3+/3+/-2/ 2, scrap sheild allows for reroll ones for armor save in combat, and Scrap armor gives the gargant a 3+ save. 
Massive Charge - the gargant causes D3 mortal wounds on the charge.
Too dumb to get it - The gargant may not make any retreat moves.

This lets the unit deal some mortal wounds, not a bunch of attacks, perhaps add a stomp attack that deals -1 rend dmg 1 damage or something, but add an annoying unit that is hard to kill and can do enough damage to take battle lines unless dealt with. The downside is once he is in combat, he cannot get out of it. 

I like it but rerollable 3+ armor is too good IMO. That would make it more like 400 points IMO.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads of great ideas in this thread, got me thinking about a heavy cavalry along the lines of Dracoths or Varanguard. So aiming for the 240-280 points range, 3+ armour save 6 wounds, bravery 7-8. 

The recent gryh-chargers for me changed everything modelwise so instead of your traditional boar/horse/lizard style mounts I kinda imagine a armadillo or scorpion carapaced style creature, squat armoured (naturally) but along the mawcrusha bulky style, with a mace like club tail. 

Missile:

poison spit 12" 1a 4+ to hit D3 mortal wounds 

melee 

gore-choppa 3a/3/3/-1/D3 

bite & claws 3a/4/4/-1/1

tail swipe: 1a/3/3/-2/D3

special rules:

Destructive bulk: on the charge 2 dice per model 4+ Cause a mortal wound (charge again if no units in 3") as per mawcrusha 

Armoured carapace: 

reroll failed saves against shooting & missle attacks

Ravenous hunger 

At the end of the combat phase roll a dice for each model the unit slays in the combat phase, if you roll any 6s the unit heals d3 wounds (not D3 for each 6 just D3) but the mounts tailswipe attacks cannot be used in the next combat round while the mounts concentrate on chewing the dead and the living. 

240-280 for 2 seems fair, probably movement 7 or 8" as well I guess 

Archived