jenn

Hello.  I am a new member to the group as I am looking for other people who share my interest in Age of Sigmar.  The comic shop where I go and play warhammer play mostly 40K so it's hard to find people for the Sigmar side of it.  I am trying to run campaigns at the store to get people interested in playing Sigmar but I have a question about the mortal realms.  The rules say you can play in any one of the realms but where do I find information on the advantages and disadvantages with your models by playing in the different realms?  I can't seem to find anything in the books.  

I have been building and painting my chaos daemons mostly and now that my army is complete.  I want to delve into playing good games so I can learn how to master my models.  I like Warhammer and hope to make friends within the community.

Thank you.  Jenn 

Good evening @jenn,

Afraid I can't help with your question, but I can say there are some great people here and I'm sure someone will know.

You say your army is done? pop over to the painting forum and show it off, I love looking to others for inspiration.

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, Welcome to the forums, glad you found us and well done for having the initiative to start your own campaign to get people interested.

As for the realms check here:

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mortal_Realms

This will get you super up to date with each realm. That being said im not sure if there are specific rules for each realm. I seem to remember seeing some a while back however they may have been the silly rules that were released. 

If you are running your own campaign I would suggest using your own rules, it iwll make it more personal and give you greater control of how it plays out.

Welcome to TGA Jenn. All the best with growing your AoS community!

As for the rules for the various Realms, these are captured in the Time of War sections of the Campaign Books covering the Realmgate Wars. They give you a flavour of the specific battlefield in the Realm, but there hasn't been an official generic Time of War for the Realms. Also, Ulgu, Hysh & Azyr haven't been revealed yet.

As fun as it is to overlay extra narrative rules to theme the battlefield, if you're just starting out these are optional as they do slow games down a bit. The Path to Glory system in the Generals Handbook might be a good start for your Campaign though.

Archived