Basing and Bases and More!

Hullo! I recently ran into some pain when basing up by Plagubearers. Texture paint is a ******, and I need to go back and touch up the models to cover up obvious errors. In the future, I plan on gluing the models to the base after I have done basing... but how do you go about painting in the interim? 

Is there a weaker glue I could use, or do you guys just them off their bases after?

Also I have some Plague Drones and they don't sit very well on their flying stands. They slide down quite a way, resulting in them being very close to the bases, and in some instances resting on their legs/stingers. This isn't ideal... do I just need to use greenstuff to fill the gaps and glue it on in a different way?

Any other basing tips are totally invited too, I have some big bases to cover and want to make them look interesting - including maybe raising the height of the drones a small bit!

I hate how the plague drones sit, Green stuff seems like a very logical way to deal with it.

Green stuff on bases can create some interesting shapes  before you cover them in texture paint, just to break up the shapes and so on, or plasticard for tiles\cobblestone. I use a drop of superglue to stick things down temporarily as you can pop it off, whereas contact cement melts the two surfaces into each other.

Archived