Suggestions for the next step

RuneBrush

Hi all :) 

I'm starting to look around at what tournaments I fancy doing later on in the year (can't do very much before May due to other commitments) and looking at making sure I've got an army that's not a walk over and wanted to find out what other people would consider doing if they were in my shoes.

Most tournaments seem to aim for the 2000 point mark (ruling out my WIP Death army), so I know that I need to expand my Chaos force by some margin.  Now I'm not the fastest painter by any means, but managed to rattle out my initial 1000 points in about 3 ~ 4 months, but I need to keep things realistic (plus have other projects to work on).

I'm more than happy to pick up new models. Although I'd like something "marginally competitive", I dislike unarmoured humans (too much flesh to paint) and want to avoid spellcasters as Khorne doesn't like nonsense like that ;)  Happy to delve into things like Chaos Dwarves or Skaven though.

My collection currently looks like this - bold items are fully painted, italic items are assembled.

Mighty Lord of Khorne             - 140
Bloodsecrator                     - 120
Skullgrinder                      - 80
Skarr Bloodwrath                  - 120
Slaughterpriest (Axe)             - 100
Slaughterpriest (Hackblade)       - 100
Aspiring Deathbringer             - 80
Exalted Deathbringer              - 80
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury  - 300
Exalted Bloodthirster             - ???
Valkia the Bloody                 - 120
Bloodstoker                       - 80

15 x Bloodwarriors (Gorefist)     - 300
10 x Bloodwarriors                - 100
5 x Wrathmongers                  - 180
10 x Bloodletters                 - 100
Khorgorath                        - 80
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (Glaive) - 320
Skullcannon                       - 180
6 x Bloodcrushers                 - 320

17 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Get to painting until half of that list or more is bolded before you buy much else!

Lol, where's the fun in that?  We all know that if we run out of new models Nagash comes calling ;)

In all seriousness, though I'm not in a mad rush to purchase more plastic/resin, I know that what I've got available doesn't naturally make an optimised list, having come up against competitive opponents in past games it doesn't make a particularly enjoyable game experience for me, so the price of an extra unit would be worth it.  I'd actually be more frustrated spending time and effort painting something I've got up to discover it's not very effective combined with everything else!  The unpainted list also looks a lot worse than it is - I've double the number of leader models than I can actually field at 2000 points for starters :D 

Archived