Getting back into the hobby with Tz Daemons

HERO

Looking to play in competitive tournaments:  What to buy?

Go give a little background, I've played Warhammer Fantasy since 6th, have pretty much owned and played every army in ultra competitive settings: Several major GTs, including old school Batlimore/Colonial, Ard Boyz and other 64+ player events.  Did well in all of them, and can remember the days of the worst ****** 7th Ed. Demons/DE/Vamps had to offer.  Needless to say, I stopped playing with the end of WHFB in 8th, and didn't pursue Age of Sigmar after.

Since I've sold off all my Demons after Mat Ward's 7th Ed. fiasco, I'm looking to get into competitive Age of Sigmar now with General's Handbook and I'm looking for a buylist.  I only have one cavaet though, I prefer plastic models and old model, resin or finecast is a no-go for me.

I'm also trying to be frugal, and only buying the options that I enjoy playing with.  I am definitely not a WAAC player, as you guys can see from my gaming blog, and enjoy rather thematic armies overall.  For example, I refuse to buy into Haemoculi stuff for my Dark Eldar as I am a Kabal player first and foremost.

Alright, with that said, what's good in Chaos Daemons currently?  I really like the new stuff and I think Lord of Change/Kairos is pretty mandatory.  What are some other good options?  How are Flamers?  I noticed a few threads screaming how good Tzaangors are, but why?  Catch me up please!

Since I didn't get any replies, I'm going to post a list up here for review.  Here's my first attempt at the new Tz Demons!

Kairos Fateweaver = 340
Lord of Change = 300
Ogroid Thaumaturge = 160
Blue Scribes = 120
10x Horrors = 140
10x Horrors = 140
10x Horrors = 140

Exalted Flamer of Tz = 120
Burning Chariot of Tz = 160
+Warpflame Host = 30

I have never played Pure TZ Daemons yet, but I really want to.  So every thing I have to say will just be theory at best. The one issue I see from the units is lack of Rend and their mortal wounds are based off the unit taking a wound in the first place and still only happens on a 4+. It seems like the heroes are really need to do the damage vs strong armour saves.  I would really like to hear how your games go. I also think thing could change (see what I did there ;) ) a lot after the new book comes out. 

I actually changed some stuff around and wrote it up here on my blog:

Kairos Fateweaver = 340
Lord of Change = 300
Ogroid Thaumaturge = 160
Chaos Sorcerer Lord = 140
Blue Scribes = 120
3x Burning Chariots of Tz = 480
10x Horrors = 140
10x Horrors = 140
10x Horrors = 140

You can find the thought process below:
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2017/01/age-of-sigmar-with-tz-daemons.html

• 2 weeks later...

I think The Hosts Duplicitous is probably the best daemon super battalion. LoC+Changehost. 3 Horror heroes so one is Changeling in order to swap a dmg dealer or chaff into the enemy zone. The unit swap plus the hit/fail spell can turn bad combat units into long last walls while the 2 LoC can smash and blast everything. Flamers are expensive but are better then Exalted and the Chariots. 

Personal preference but I think the 3×Horror Hero, 3×battleline, 2 units of Flamers then fill the rest with Brimstone is what I'm looking at. All of that is one drop as well.

Archived