Teef Rukk question

TheRealZen

Question

This formation says the big stabbas can pile in 6" in the hero phase and attack, if they are within 6" of a monster. Do they have to be already in combat I.e. Within 3" of another unit to be able to do this or does it overide the normal close combat rules of having to be within 3" to be able to pile in and attack?

Problem as I see it is that normally you can only pile in if you're within 3" but you have to pile into the nearest model, which would make it either impossible to go after the monster or pointless being able to go 6".

2 answers to this question

I think you're over thinking it. Are they within 6" of a monster in the hero phase?
Yes?
Then they can pile-in and attack, but they get to move 6" rather than 3".

As for closest model - don't have the specific wording - does the rule say anything like "to attack *it*"? I.E. The monster that triggered the ability?
Because you're right - normal pile-in moves would necessitate closest enemy model. But wouldn't make a massive amount of sense here, so I'm making the assumption the target is specified in the rule.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rule says "if within 6" of the MONSTER can pile in 6" and then make it attack as if it were the combat phase"

Therefore  Are they within 6" of a monster in the hero phase?
Yes?
Then they can pile-in and attack, but they get to move 6" rather than 3".

In terms of moving attacking the monster, that isn't specified in the warscroll. So I think they should be able to attack in the combat they are already in.

Archived