new to stormcast - help!

Kosmion

yo!

santa gave me 5 liberators, so my army for 2017 just have to be stormcast. now, coming from skaven, i really want something different. i want a really tacky army, preferably with healing or + on the saves etc that sorta thing. i really don't mind it being slow moving, maybe with the exception of summons/teleports, but other than that, more of a stand your ground-army. I'm aiming for 1000pts for starters and id really like some suggestions! any ideas for that kind of tanky list comp? 
oh and, if possible, id really prefer not to use any prosecutors cut they're ugly af:( but other than that, all stormcast/extremis units are welcome!

thanks

You could build towards the Wardens of the Realmgate Battalion. Two units of Libererators, one Castellan with optional doggies, one unit of Protectors, a Realmgate (yes, it is legal in matched play if it is part of a Battalion with points) and 60 extra points for the Battalion. You get various defensive buffs and the option to teleport yourself to any table edge with the Gate.

Something like this: 1 Castellan, 2 units of 5 Liberators (Greathammer on Prime, rest with hammer/shield), 10 Protectors (4 Starsoul maces), Lord Relictor (a bit of lightning and heal ontop of safe use of the Realmgate as he is a Priest), 5 Judicators (Prime with Shockbow, rest with regular bows), and the Realmgate.

This army has access to +save from the Castellan, healing from both heroes, the Battalion offers very good defensive bonuses and you have offensive capabilities by porting through the Realmgate. Seems like something you would enjoy ;)

As pointed out you will need at least a unit of retributors and a unit of judicators with bows no matter what.

The castellan is also a safe choice. 

Consider some cavalry as well for some counterattack and to grab distant objectives.

The teleport banner is also very powerful and will help you move units around if you lack mobility.

Archived