Shadowguard 2000pt Stormcast WB

Denneysman

I have a 2000pt tournament coming up this is the list I think I will take. It's not perfect but what list is.

It has more the enough heroes for Places of power. Also has a nasty alpha strike. Here’s my planned tactic. I should if all goes well get first turn as I will only start off  with 3 units on the table.(If not well I’ll just have to wing it but most cases I will.)

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Knight Venator (120)
Knight Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Knight Venator (120)
Knight Vexillor (200)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer

Units
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- Battleline
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- Battleline
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- Battleline
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- Battleline
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- Battleline
Paladin Protectors x 5 (200)
Paladin Protectors x 5 (200)
Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins x 3 (80)

Battalions
Warrior Brotherhood (140)

Total: 2000/2000

Turn one Alpha strike

Hero phase

1) Knight Vex drops Azyros where I want it. This will allow me to deploy closer then 9" . Plus it will give all units in range damage on a 4+ ( D3 mortal wounds )

2) Still hero phase, Azyros opens lantern on units in range D3 mortal wounds. In case of Chaos units  D6 mortal wounds.

Movement phase

3) Then deploy units

Shooting phase

3) Celestant/dracoth to give another D3 mortal wounds to units in range.

4) Open fire with Judicators, prosecutors who can reroll hit rolls of 1 and wound rolls of 1.

5) Open up with two Venators on high value targets(Mages,Leaders,Monsters...ect) or to add to Judicators fire again reroll hit rolls of 1 and wound rolls of 1.

( Why 2 Venators you ask each one has almost the same fire power as a unit of Judicators)

Charge phase

6) Charge with Liberators and Protectors. Use libs as front row and Protectors as back row. Both should be able to reroll wound rolls of 1. If done right counterstrike should only be able on libs

Good list. It will work in most cases.  Ive played With The Warrior brotherhood alot and Ive got som tips.

Drop the legendary fighter trait - use reckless. Trust me on this.  If you fail them you will lose. .sometimes. if you plan to use the azyros as a nuke be aware that it will most likely kill chaff units.  If your opponent knows you Are playing Warriorbrotherhood he will screen with weak units.  And remove from the front making charges more difficult.  When chargin with multiple units.  Just keep a pocket open. For your protectors. 

That taken in consideration.  You could consider dropping the vexilor.  And maybe a venetor.  For Concussors and more prosecutors.  Or another azyros 

Good luck in tourney

Oh Quick note.  Use azyros in batallion.  Drop them 9 away.  Deploy rest 5 away. Remember just 1 model needs to be within 5 of the drop zone. The rest can be as close as youd like. - without retributors you will struggle against armies with alot of elite units.  ( skull reapers. Kurnoth hunters. Etc)

Need to think outside box.

1. drop protectors just outside 3" mark

2. have Libs charge and stop 1/2 " from unit

3. (this is tricky part, but thats why said if done right.) work it so enemy piles in to Libs. moving them within less then 3" of protectors.

4. now protectors are free to pile in and attack enemy unit over libs with their  3" reach on weapons.

2 hours ago, Denneysman said:

Need to think outside box.

1. drop protectors just outside 3" mark

2. have Libs charge and stop 1/2 " from unit

3. (this is tricky part, but thats why said if done right.) work it so enemy piles in to Libs. moving them within less then 3" of protectors.

4. now protectors are free to pile in and attack enemy unit over libs with their  3" reach on weapons.

Yeah wonderful, but you did say "charge with the Liberators AND the Protectors." But to clarify, you're now saying it's only the Liberators you're actually charging with?

Also, if you drop the Protectors "just" outside the 3" mark, where are you charging the Liberators from. From behind the Protectors or something?

A lot of armies you face now will have less than the 4 drops you have -  so I wouldn't bank on getting first turn. 

Credit for thinking outside the box but i don't see what the Vexillor brings to the party except a handful of mortal wounds when the azyros drops and opens his lantern, there's not really a big advantage to deployment.

I feel like I'm being hypercritical here, but I also don't see how you think you're going to be able to bank on "working it" so you can get your opponent to pile in in a way that's advantageous to you. Surely anyone with more than a few brain cells will purposely pile in in a way that doesn't suck the Protectors into the combat. The way your opponent chooses to pile in is the thing you have least control over.

I'm not sorry for bringing this up but you guys are being ******. Instead of debating the list, giving tips, or helping in general you are argueing about something that is almost gauranteed to work?. seems silly. 

13 hours ago, Thor said:

I'm not sorry for bringing this up but you guys are being ******. Instead of debating the list, giving tips, or helping in general you are argueing about something that is almost gauranteed to work?. seems silly. 

Alright, don't wet yourself. I think the point is that it's not guaranteed to work. This isn't an echo chamber...

Archived