Warscroll Batallion Victory Points

yarrickson

Was discussing this idea with a group yesterday. Batallion warscrolls are often quite good as it is, providing bonus rules and by allowing one to group an army into one or two deployment drops, also allow you to dictate first turn and so on. 

My thought was that to offset this somewhat, that batallion warscrolls in matched play should perhaps award victory points to the opposing player regardless of circumstance. This would only have an effect on matched play games when the game goes to the minor victory conditions in the battle plans or where a tournament uses VP's as a deciding factor, but I wonder if this would address where there is something of a wee black hole in the rules regarding VP's for battalions?

Interested to see what other AOSers think about this? 

9 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I've just played that if all the units in a battalion are destroyed my opponent gets the battalion's points as well 

I imagine this is how most will be playing it. 

However I've found that this can often lead to an unsatisfying situation where one or two models left out of a batallion can swing a game quite dramatically. For example a wounded retributor from a ten man unit out of a Stormcast formation being worth up to 600 odd points. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth that taking a formation provides yet another wee irritating bonus. (Just to give away where my bias lies)

Archived