2K TAC iornjawz

Sneak

Hey guys have a 2K tournament in Jan and wanted some suggestions on the list below. In particular my artifacts who is the

general if I should drop the shaman cuz I'm not the biggest fan or if I should swap my 3rd unit of brutes for 10 ardboyz .

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Units
Orruk Ardboys x 20 (360)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 3 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Ye, the list looks ok. You have your 5 units for the ironfist, but I would suggest splitting the ardboys and merging 2 of the 5 brutes. This way you get another threat for the enemy as 10 brutes with. +1 to hit can make mince meat out of most things GS.

Consider jagged gore hackas for the extra reach as well. It can work with 1inch reach but jgh give you a smaller footprint.

I would drop the shaman personally. Take another warchanter. Means you are at 1960, so you have a chance of getting a once per game buff for being under 2k and will score you more damage. 

Ironjawz are not the most competitive army around, so you want to give yourself the best chance possible. Play to the strength of the faction 

1: Speed - try to get into a position that makes your opponent uncomfortable. I tend to send my maw crusher and the goregruntas all the way round the flank contesting the objective and forcing them to react. 

2. Unadulterated raw damage. I'm running a 15 man unit of brutes with Jgh. I give them +1 to hit with bellowing tyrant so that it persists to my next hero phase (warchanter buff doesn't) I use this unit with inspiring presence and any extra +1 that is needed to counter any -1 to wreck face. I use my ardboys to minimise the amount of "base space" for other units piling into my brutes and score with my last 5 man unit of brutes. 

If you get lucky and win a double turn, it is normally game over in your favour. Fail to do enough meaningful damage early, you will probably lose. 

I think this is the best you can do at 2k with a Mawcrusher until they reduce his points. 

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units
Orruk Brutes x 15 (540)
- Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1960/2000

9 hours ago, N_Watson said:

Ye, the list looks ok. You have your 5 units for the ironfist, but I would suggest splitting the ardboys and merging 2 of the 5 brutes. This way you get another threat for the enemy as 10 brutes with. +1 to hit can make mince meat out of most things GS.

Consider jagged gore hackas for the extra reach as well. It can work with 1inch reach but jgh give you a smaller footprint.

I would drop the shaman personally. Take another warchanter. Means you are at 1960, so you have a chance of getting a once per game buff for being under 2k and will score you more damage. 

Ironjawz are not the most competitive army around, so you want to give yourself the best chance possible. Play to the strength of the faction 

1: Speed - try to get into a position that makes your opponent uncomfortable. I tend to send my maw crusher and the goregruntas all the way round the flank contesting the objective and forcing them to react. 

2. Unadulterated raw damage. I'm running a 15 man unit of brutes with Jgh. I give them +1 to hit with bellowing tyrant so that it persists to my next hero phase (warchanter buff doesn't) I use this unit with inspiring presence and any extra +1 that is needed to counter any -1 to wreck face. I use my ardboys to minimise the amount of "base space" for other units piling into my brutes and score with my last 5 man unit of brutes. 

If you get lucky and win a double turn, it is normally game over in your favour. Fail to do enough meaningful damage early, you will probably lose. 

I think this is the best you can do at 2k with a Mawcrusher until they reduce his points. 

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units
Orruk Brutes x 15 (540)
- Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Thanks for the tips. I strongly disagree with playing brutes over units of 5 because of their bravery. I like the think of them at MSU threats in 40k. Shaman should probably be a chanter for sure!

With the ard boyz if I split the unit up how should I army them? Currently in a squad of 20 I'm using 5 two handed and 15 dual. If I just play 10 go all dual wield?

57 minutes ago, Sneak said:

Thanks for the tips. I strongly disagree with playing brutes over units of 5 because of their bravery. I like the think of them at MSU threats in 40k. Shaman should probably be a chanter for sure!

With the ard boyz if I split the unit up how should I army them? Currently in a squad of 20 I'm using 5 two handed and 15 dual. If I just play 10 go all dual wield?

That's the thing with 10 man brute units, They should always have inspiring presence command trait on them.  The mega boss command trait is meh, so its the go too. 

For ard boyz duel is better unless the enemy have a 2+ armor save.  Also brutes are meant for killing, ard boyz ment for holding/tanking. 

Finally, a personal suggestion, look at ravager from the destruction trait.  That 2 extra inches will save you. 

22 hours ago, Uprising said:

That's the thing with 10 man brute units, They should always have inspiring presence command trait on them.  The mega boss command trait is meh, so its the go too. 

For ard boyz duel is better unless the enemy have a 2+ armor save.  Also brutes are meant for killing, ard boyz ment for holding/tanking. 

Finally, a personal suggestion, look at ravager from the destruction trait.  That 2 extra inches will save you. 

Updated list. Wanted to keep everything in the iornfist as much as possible so the gruntaz are the only ones left out but they're still fast so... Also added back     ravager 

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
-  Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

I got similar army, but I thinking is shaman with his mystic shield will be better than second warchanter. With spell you can protect better your maw crusher. Why you use megaboss as you general. Maw crusha megaboss got better range with his waaaah.

18 hours ago, himmo said:

I got similar army, but I thinking is shaman with his mystic shield will be better than second warchanter. With spell you can protect better your maw crusher. Why you use megaboss as you general. Maw crusha megaboss got better range with his waaaah.

Two reasons I imagine.

1) The mawcrusher is often on a flank, and thus not really well positioned to use command ability. It's a massive range, but wouldn't be able to support elements on the apposing flank. A centralised megaboss also allows for a more central ravenger buff.

2) The Mawcruser is also relatively frail and will probably die within the first 2/3 turns. While a Megaboss is frailer, he is easier to hide from charges and has a greater chance of being ignored.

Archived