Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

ok 

there's the

5 minutes ago, Olincay said:

Longtime lurker, first time tzeentch poster. 

After running stormcasts since sigmar dropped im thinking of dipping my toe into some DOT.

mini wise i really like the new arcanite and the mortal stuff, what's a pretty generic run of the mil list i can start working towards? 

So far I've only purchased some skyfires, but i have some old chaos warriors/knights hiding in a box somewhere too.  

hi Olincay, here's a list i run few weeks ago in a local tournament. It's include some old CW and arcanite stuff, it works, pretty well, not a top tier list, but my main intention is playing a roster that can also satisfy my eyes ;)

Heroes

Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate

Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate : Treacherous Bond
- Lore of Change : Unchecked Mutation

Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Command Trait : Incorporeal Form
- Artefact : Cursed Ichor
- Lore of Change : Tzeentch's Firestorm

Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch

-Artefact: Paradoxical Shield

Lord Of Chaos (100)

Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
- Lore of Fate : Bolt of Tzeentch

Units

10 x Kairic Acolytes (140)

5 x Chaos Knights (200)
-Ensorcelled Weapons

20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
-Hand Weapon & Shield

2 x Chaos Spawn (120)

10 x Kairic Acolytes (140)

Battalions
Fatesworn Warband (120)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atm im looking for an alternative list for my Fatesworn Warband. So atm my thoughts are here:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form  
- Artefact: Cursed Ichor  
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Souldraught  
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes
- Axes

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (80)

Total: 1700/2000

this leaves me with 300p that i dont know what to do with. Anyone wants to point me into the right direction? Any changes?

Atm im looking for an alternative list for my Fatesworn Warband. So atm my thoughts are here:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form  
- Artefact: Cursed Ichor  
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Souldraught  
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Axes
- Axes

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (80)

Total: 1700/2000

this leaves me with 300p that i dont know what to do with. Anyone wants to point me into the right direction? Any changes?

Reinforcement points for summoning.

You have a Gaunt Summoner, LoC, Chaos Sorcerer Lord and Shaman all potentially powerful Summoners.

Just now, TheOtherJosh said:

Reinforcement points for summoning.

You have a Gaunt Summoner, LoC, Chaos Sorcerer Lord and Shaman all potentially powerful Summoners.

Well for this i might have to buy in things to summon haha so the question remains

Well for this i might have to buy in things to summon haha so the question remains

You can summon any "Chaos" keyworded models that have the ability to be summoned. So this gives you loads of flexibility.

I might recommend a Balewind Vortex to increase your threat range.

12 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

You can summon any "Chaos" keyworded models that have the ability to be summoned. So this gives you loads of flexibility.

I might recommend a Balewind Vortex to increase your threat range.

Are Flamers worth their 200p?

Are Flamers worth their 200p?

In small numbers they are more likely to become a primary target.

My recommendation would be to determine the roles that you envision each of your units filling, and then figure out what can fit the holes in your army. (I.e. What would you use them for? And what could fit instead? Would you be better off getting a unit of Tzaangor? And then backing them up with your tzaangor enlightened, skyfires and shaman?)

43 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

In small numbers they are more likely to become a primary target.

My recommendation would be to determine the roles that you envision each of your units filling, and then figure out what can fit the holes in your army. (I.e. What would you use them for? And what could fit instead? Would you be better off getting a unit of Tzaangor? And then backing them up with your tzaangor enlightened, skyfires and shaman?)

I just feel that warriors are just beefier than tzaangors? Feels like skyfires and enlightend together with LoC etc are the ones to pack some punches. 

I just feel that warriors are just beefier than tzaangors? Feels like skyfires and enlightend together with LoC etc are the ones to pack some punches. 

Warriors are braver and have a better save

Tzaangor are faster (and can run and charge in the same turn when bringing a musician)

Warriors have only one attack type. Tzaangor can mix weapon types in a unit.

Tzaangor have both their normal weapon, and their beak attack.

Warrior shields only ignore mortal wounds. (5+)

Tzaangor shields ignore mortal and regular for Shield models (and not everyone has to have them) (6+)

Warriors get save rerolls (for 1s) in units of 20 or more

Tzaangor a get additional attacks for each increment of 9 Tzaangor (up to +3 attacks per model) (and have their beak attack as well)

Tzaangor can cause mortal wounds by bringing an icon bearer and being near a wizard.

Tzaangor If within 9" of a friendly arcanite hero they get +1 to wound.

Warriors are more defensive, Tzaangor are more for the offense.

Oh and Boon of Mutation (shaman) can actually reinforce or create new units of Tzaangor.

Warriors are great if you hate math. Tzaangor appear to require a bit of it, and have more synergies.

Question, what equip is the strongest on Lord Of Change? Im building him as we speak!

Unfortunately, It will turn out to be whichever version you didn't build... ;)

"Strongest" depends on use-case.

Either way, they all have the "Staff of Tzeentch" and your choice is then "second melee weapon, or missile weapon" with your choice of Melee weapons being sword or beak and talons

If you want to be in melee range then choose a melee option, otherwise to stay at range choose the Rod of Sorcery.

8 minutes ago, Nico said:

The Sword, with Phantasmal Weapons and Arcane Transformation gives 3 attacks at 4+ (Destiny Dice), 2+, -3, 3 Damage. Or even 4 Damage if you take the Trait Daemonspark.

Was thinking about this. Since i have skyfires and spells, makig him better in close combat would weight up some?

The LoC is your pre-eminent caster in your army. Buffing your casters and a lynchpin support unit.

And a LoC in combat is likely to be a dead LoC.

"Sentient Weapon" combined with Rod of Sorcery (and technically any melee weapons equipped) gives you an "ignore save modifiers" missile weapon doing 2D6 attacks. *shrug* alternately the "Pyrofire Staff" gift changes the damage profile to Damage 2.

With only 14 wounds and a 4+ save a LoC isn't designed to go up against melee attackers especially if they have any rend.

(BTW: Arcane Transformation is only castable on each Hero once per battle, And Daemonspark is also one use)

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

The LoC is your pre-eminent caster in your army. Buffing your casters and a lynchpin support unit.

And a LoC in combat is likely to be a dead LoC.

"Sentient Weapon" combined with Rod of Sorcery (and technically any melee weapons equipped) gives you an "ignore save modifiers" missile weapon doing 2D6 attacks. *shrug* alternately the "Pyrofire Staff" gift changes the damage profile to Damage 2.

With only 14 wounds and a 4+ save a LoC isn't designed to go up against melee attackers especially if they have any rend.

(BTW: Arcane Transformation is only castable on each Hero once per battle, And Daemonspark is also one use)

Sounds correct. I never compete tho so i can more or less equip whatever and just say before the game what weap he has. Thank you for explaining!

Hello, 

Just picked up a Start collecting Tzeentch box set and looking to build a 1k list for some casual games at my local store. Any suggestions most welcome

Here are two list I've been playing around with 

Herald of Tzeentch (120)

10 Pink Horrors (140) 
10 Pink Horrors (140)

3 Flamers of Tzeentch (200) 
3 Screamers of Tzeentch (140) 
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch (140) 
10 Blue Horrors (50) 
10 Brimstone Horrors (40)

Total 990

Herald of Tzeentch (120)
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

10 Pink Horrors (140) 
10 Pink Horrors (140)

6 Screamers of Tzeentch (280) 
10 Blue Horrors (50) 

Total 990

2 hours ago, RBT84 said:

Just picked up a Start collecting Tzeentch box set and looking to build a 1k list for some casual games at my local store. Any suggestions most welcome

If you like the models, go ahead! And for casual games it could be quite fun. However, for 1,000p armies there are limited synergies and quite "overpriced" models, especially screamers, flamers and chariots! But I'd say Heralds as well outside of any battalion as a tax.

12 hours ago, misthv said:

If you like the models, go ahead! And for casual games it could be quite fun. However, for 1,000p armies there are limited synergies and quite "overpriced" models, especially screamers, flamers and chariots! But I'd say Heralds as well outside of any battalion as a tax.

Thanks for the info would be a semi competitive 1k list as that's all they play at my local. 

Hello friends

a general question: How do you approach the problem of not having any decent save rolls with almost all tzeentch units? Or is it given and you focus on tzeentch's strenght's? I experience that my units get shot to pieces by shooty armies and scattered by huge attack multipliers (khorne..).

happy to hear anyone's thought's

Hello friends a general question: How do you approach the problem of not having any decent save rolls with almost all tzeentch units? Or is it given and you focus on tzeentch's strenght's? I experience that my units get shot to pieces by shooty armies and scattered by huge attack multipliers (khorne..). happy to hear anyone's thought's 

Can you share your Army info? (Mortal/Daemon/arcanite/StD/etc.) 

Knowing more about what kind of Tzeentch force you're using would help provide a more useful answer to your question [emoji4]

(And what kind of forces you're having issues with. (Kunning Ruk, Sylvaneth, etc)

Something along this:

1000p

Ogroid Thaumaturge

Herald of Tzeentch

The Blue Scribes

2x10 Pink Horror's Battleline

3x Skyfires

Flamer on Burning Charriot

5+/6+ gor many tzeentch units. I wonder if there are way's to modify this. 

Archived