Wanderers advice

Dracothjay

So, as of christmas I'm getting my 1k list of wanderers. Just looking for some advice on how wanderers are best played/utilised? I understand that the basic strategy is pin enemy with eternal guard then hammer the unit with shooting. As I'm aiming to collect just the recent wanderer units, what should I be synergising and prioritising? 

Sisters of the thorn are in my 1k list as that spell is just soooo good, but as we as wanderers lack combat punch, how do we compensate for that?

If you are taking Sisters of the Thorn, always take the Spellweaver. Her spell to return D3 slain models is fantastic when coupled with multi-wound models like the Sisters. She keeps bringing them back, they keep casting Shield of Thorns, hopefully on some Eternal Guard. Headaches ensue for opponent.

Also, if you go the route of a Nomad Prince (which is a solid route) IMO its best to keep him away from fights. I know, he is actually great in combat, but you should be focused on making your Eternal Guard more tanky, not killy. Keep him near your ranged units, that's where his command ability does the most good.

For 1000 points I'd consider the following list.

20 Glade Guard    240    
10 Glade Guard    120    
5 Sisters of the Thorn    220    
30 Eternal Guard    240    
1 Spellweaver    100    
1 Nomad Prince    80    General

Total Points: 1000

You could split the 20 Glade Guard into 2 x 10 for maneuverability, but I think it's best to at least start the game with the to hit bonus. Opponents will start targeting your Spellweaver quickly once they realize she is just going to keep bringing back the Sisters, so try to keep her out of trouble while still keeping her in range.

Archived