Star Souls for protectors.

Olincay

Thinking of running at 10 man unit of protectors. Would having the usual 4 starsoul's be a good option? Or the glaives? 

Considering the 3" reach on the glaive I'm leaning towards not taking the maces. 

After some other opions before I start investing in purchasing more models. 

Def take all the maces, i would suggest putting maces in front and the other guys i. The back to benefit from thier "3 range.  The maces are only "1 range

i prefer them over the other paladins and often in 20's with 8 maces

the only paladins i dont use maces with are decimatirs but hardly run them anyway

20 hours ago, Fellclaw01 said:

Def take all the maces, i would suggest putting maces in front and the other guys i. The back to benefit from thier "3 range.  The maces are only "1 range

i prefer them over the other paladins and often in 20's with 8 maces

the only paladins i dont use maces with are decimatirs but hardly run them anyway

Out of curiosity, do you get all 20 within range to attack the same unit? 55 stacked attacks sounds pretty juicy.

Never skip the maces. I mean NEVER. Any unit of paladins i run have the maximum of them and they generate a lot of nervosity from my opponent.

Once i ran 10 Retributors with 4 maces ant they took a lot of punishment at the 1 st turn from scenario rules. They where only 5 left and one of them with 1 wound. The opponent reaction was : "Sacrebleu! your unit is intact". Then i teleported them in a bloodthirster who took 10 mortal wounds and died horribly.

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Never skip the maces. I mean NEVER. Any unit of paladins i run have the maximum of them and they generate a lot of nervosity from my opponent.

Once i ran 10 Retributors with 4 maces ant they took a lot of punishment at the 1 st turn from scenario rules. They where only 5 left and one of them with 1 wound. The opponent reaction was : "Sacrebleu! your unit is intact". Then i teleported them in a bloodthirster who took 10 mortal wounds and died horribly.

Yes sir!
So it seems 4x maces is in the lead. cheers for the opinions everyone.

On 19/12/2016 at 4:02 PM, Olincay said:

Out of curiosity, do you get all 20 within range to attack the same unit? 55 stacked attacks sounds pretty juicy.

the prosecutors 3" range make it a possibility and often does occur

the attention this unit gets means that they dont always get there with 20 lol

however the main point of this unit is to deliver 8xd3 mortal wounds to a target

9 hours ago, Fellclaw01 said:

the prosecutors 3" range make it a possibility and often does occur

the attention this unit gets means that they dont always get there with 20 lol

however the main point of this unit is to deliver 8xd3 mortal wounds to a target

With a castellabnt buff this unit would be pretty terrifying. 60 wounds with a 2+ save, 8d3 mortalwounds and 52 rend 1, damage one attacks. *drools*

On 26/12/2016 at 8:38 AM, Olincay said:

With a castellabnt buff this unit would be pretty terrifying. 60 wounds with a 2+ save, 8d3 mortalwounds and 52 rend 1, damage one attacks. *drools*

Not finished yet bro

you add a lord castelan for +1 armour

you add mage (free peole) + 1 armour

yo then cast the specail spell of the season sisters of the thorn

then when the enemy tries to wipe them out they starting taking mortal wounds on every save you make on a 4+ (depends on rend) in cc

they also have a 2+ Re rollable armour save

Fellclaw, that is just hardcore gaming right there! Almost invincible although a lot of points have been sunk into that unit and unit support.

Olincay, definitely go with the maces as already pointed out. They really help a lot towards heavy armor and really ensures a minimum damage output.

Archived