New rules for Forge World Exalted Greater Daemons

Ben

How is the general opinion of using command traits and artefacts for the exalted ones?

they are unique in the pdf, but are they named Heroes? Is this equal and no unique hero can take artefacts/command traits?

In the descriptions of the exalteds they are referred as plural, so there should be more then one of each, but i don't know if that is enough to use artefacts/traits.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Johann said:

How is the general opinion of using command traits and artefacts for the exalted ones?

they are unique in the pdf, but are they named Heroes? Is this equal and no unique hero can take artefacts/command traits?

In the descriptions of the exalteds they are referred as plural, so there should be more then one of each, but i don't know if that is enough to use artefacts/traits.

Works like the gaunt summoner

Yes I certainly hope that this is the case - can take Artefacts and traits. They aren't named and aren't sufficiently distinct from their lesser brethren to justify not having traits (compared to Kairos say). There are multiple instances of them in the fluff. They are overcosted if they cannot gain traits.

You could ask the TO in advance (explain the point fully in your question). I've sent an email about this point to the Rules team via the Community Team. Worst case, you could proxy the Exalted as a regular Greater Daemon and have a second list (as Dan suggested) with the Greater Daemon in it with artefacts. Nurgle in particular, really need this guy to give them a viable general (other than how can I be boring and dump 30 Warriors onto an objective with a Harbinger and hope they don't kill him first turn).

• 1 month later...
On 26.9.2017 at 6:15 PM, Dan.Ford said:

Take two lists to the Grand Final in 2 weeks.

One with the exalted greater Daemon with artefacts.

and the second list without the Exalted Greater Daemon as they are  overcosted

let them make the decision on the day. 

How was the ruling at the GT? 

Archived