Noctus Cornix's Fantasy/AoS commission thread

Noctus Cornix

Well, as it says on the tin, I have a few commissions I need to work on. So, in the spirit of the Hobby, I'll be posting up my work, hopefully to see what people think and move on from there. 

First model was finished up today. He's a Blight King for a 7 model set, commissioned by a friend who wanted a Nurgle unit that really seemed to evoke an idea of corrupted Knights and the Kingly court. So, without further due, I present the first 'Knight' of the Vile King's court.

4Cd7T2e.jpg

gvgZJm8.jpg

RYBqh1R.jpg

Comments and Criticism would be appreciated. Enjoy.

Colours are nice and drab which really suits nurgle and the weathering effects look great.

I think you need to focus on preparing the model a little better though as the mould lines are very visible and detracts from your good painting work. Other than that I would maybe suggest a few more highlights just to make it 'pop' a bit more.

Im liking the colour tones and the red look ace with all those earthly colours but the mold lines do pop a bit too clearly to my eye and im not too keen on the typhus corrosion (?) effect on the skin, metals sure but skin is a no for me :) 

But hey, maybe your friend wanted it that way and your work is just spot on. Looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

Yeah, the colour palette is excellent and the basing works so well, but I have to agree, fix those mold lines and you're golden mate! Also hmm, does seem to have microbeads on the flesh, especially the front, may have been from your water pot after using typhus corrosion?

Oh! Yeah, that seems to have been a matter of my white primer paint coming off a bit clumpy in the humidity. Funny enough, I offered that I would strip the models and re-prime them, but my Employer actually liked that gritty look. He says it helps make the armor look corroded and the skin covered in bumps and sores. So I just kept it as is.

Anywho, second Blightking done. Finished him up earlier today!

DKrruSY.jpg

J9kI52X.jpg

iz7qIG4.jpg

VqteO7A.jpg

Enjoy!

Archived