Savage big boss let me at em

Dongilles

Question

Hello all,

i have a question about the Savage Big Boss ability Let me at him.

when you attack with the big boss in the hero phase(because of the the wurzakk command ability). Does this trigger the 'Let me at em' ability?

I dont think it goes off because the last part of the last sentence "in this combat phase". So because it isnt the vombat phase this ability does not go off.

-edit-

in a battle just now, wurzakk does his command ability on the big boss, he attacks and choses a bonesplitters unit to attack. Then he uses the bonesplitters battalion trait Kunnin' Rukk and lets the big boss attacks again, so an other bonesplitters unit attacks. 

So already 4 units attacked

then the combat fase starts. And everything attacks again.

this cant be how it works

3 answers to this question

It probably does work that way provided you aren't chaining using the same ability twice (cf Red Reaper causing an infinite loop).

As a general principle. All buffs and debuffs and abilities (including enemy ones like shields) that work in the combat phase work in a deemed combat phase within the hero phase as well.

My main opponent plays Bonesplitterz so it kind of hurts to say this but I would definitely say yes. Reading it over, the Wurrgog Prophet's "prophet of the waaagh" ability says a unit within 15" can immediately pile in and attack as if it was the combat phase, and then the bosses' "let me at em" states that you can pick another unit within 10" and that unit can immediately pile in and attack if it is within 3' of and enemy unit that has not yet attacked this combat phase.  And since you are treating it "like the combat phase" for the Bosses' ability, the unit within 10" can attack.

This doesn't even seem rule lawyer-y to me as the rules are pretty clear cut here.

Archived