General AOS lore thread.

shinros

42 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

The new extract from Hammerhal is pretty cool. It starts with Sigmar point of view as he deals with Alarielle's anger at him looking at Sylvaneth Soul-Pods being tortured by Tzaangors. 

Download link

It also goes a bit into how the gods work amongst other sniffy little details in worldbuilding.

Yeah I liked it. I will pick it up when I get the chance. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

Just this extract allowed my to make an article for Flux-Cairns and Tzaangors, which is not much yet but it's ground for further improvement. It will also allow me to clean up a bit of the Chaos page and add a few important details about Ghyran.

I could start working on disciples of tzeentch actually I own the tome. There is a lot of neat information in there surrounding tzaangors. 

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

I could start working on disciples of tzeentch actually I own the tome. 

That would be swell! Through note that the Tzeentch faction is functionally two, the Tzeentch Arcanites and the Daemons of Tzeentch.

I would specially favour further development on the Tzaangor page and a new Vulcharc page, but that's just me being a sucker for bestiaries. :$

1 minute ago, Ashendant said:

That would be swell through note that Tzeentch faction is functionally two, the Tzeentch Arcanites and the Daemons of Tzeentch.

I would specially favour further development on the Tzaangor page and a new Vulcharc page, but that's just me being a sucker for bestiaries. :$

Right. Some point tomorrow I will start adding information to the page. 

Just now, Ashendant said:

Thanks dude!

No problem. Since I think it would be good for people to have a place where they can find all the information and lexicanum is well known quite a lot of people who are into AOS don't even know this forum exists. 

I liked the suggestion made to me after I mentioned that I didn't like the summoned nature of Seraphon, and how it was making me struggle to fit a new force of them into my personal headcanon. 

It led me to come up with some fluff about how a force of them exist in the local area of Gyran my games are set in, after legends tell of a dying Slann who longed for days of the Old World and used the last of his energy to scry the location of a font of pure life force in a giant cavern on Ghyran (a riff on the fountain of youth).  After actually landing his templeship there and breaking through the surface (something that along with the trackless forests helped the Seraphon weather the Age of Chaos) he used the life force to build new spawning pools so that his creations will continue on after he is gone.  

The local Free City's forces and Stormcast Chamber are quite surprised to encounter Seraphon who have formed a nearby society and  seem much more "physical" for lack of a better term.

Also helped by this image from the Inspirational Art thread:

2-kingdom-underfire-sceen.jpg

3 minutes ago, Aegisgrimm said:

I liked the suggestion made to me after I mentioned that I didn't like the summoned nature of Seraphon, and how it was making me struggle to fit a new force of them into my personal headcanon. 

It led me to come up with some fluff about how a force of them exist in the local area of Gyran my games are set in, after legends tell of a dying Slann who longed for days of the Old World and used the last of his energy to scry the location of a font of pure life force in a giant cavern on Ghyran (a riff on the fountain of youth).  After actually landing his templeship there and breaking through the surface (something that along with the trackless forests helped the Seraphon weather the Age of Chaos) he used the life force to build new spawning pools so that his creations will continue on after he is gone.  

The local Free City's forces and Stormcast Chamber are quite surprised to encounter Seraphon who have formed a nearby society and  seem much more "physical" for lack of a better term.

Well we don't know if they can create new spawning pools or not, considering their daemonic nature, but the Seraphon can definitely exist without the Slaan after they were summoned. I remember one case in their Battletome where a Slann after a battle releases  a herd of feral seraphon beasts into the wild rather than "unsummon" them. There is also a case where Seraphon have been guarding an artefact in Ulgu for a very very long time, implied to be even before the Age of Myths without any Slann to help them.

1 minute ago, xking said:

There is nothing that I can see that says you are pre-ordering it. Just the add to basket. http://www.blacklibrary.com/audio/featured/hammerhal-mp3.html

Guess you're right.

22 minutes ago, shinros said:

Here. I will then move the information to the Lexicanum. I am actually going to start working on the tzeentch stuff soon.

Cool! We have a lot of information from Shadespire, through I suspect is not complete as we miss the articles about  the Katophranes and the Shadeglass.

Warhammer Underworlds article with lots of links to other lore about Shadespire.

Thanks! The page on the god itself also needs a bit of fixing.

Cool! We have a lot of information from Shadespire, through I suspect is not complete as we miss the articles about  the Katophranes and the Shadeglass.

Warhammer Underworlds article with lots of links to other lore about Shadespire.

Thanks! The page on the god itself also needs a bit of fixing.

Yeah I can see some stuff needs to be added to the god page. Oh and it's neat you have factions up and ready in their own sections. Also the khorne warbands and stormcasts can be added together since glancing at the page their enteries are together. Steelheart champions and the Farstriders. 

Just now, shinros said:

Yeah I can see some stuff needs to be added to the god page. Oh and it's neat you have factions up and ready in their own sections. 

Yeah, but I'm mostly concerned about unsourced statements that plague these really old pages.

The early release of the website helped me set everything in motion long before it's release, creating a page for each Underworlds Warband and one for each member.

Yeah, but I'm mostly concerned about unsourced statements that plague these really old pages.

The early release of the website helped me set everything in motion long before it's release, creating a page for each Underworlds Warband and one for each member.

Nice. I made a small edit to my post before hand about how the stormcast and khorne factions share their faction entry. 

Just now, shinros said:

Nice. I made a small edit to my post before hand about how the stormcast and khorne factions share their faction entry. 

I think they should be keep them separate since they have different names and therefore are different groups/warbands. That way there is less of a mess when it comes to linking.

I think they should be keep them separate since they have different names and therefore are different groups/warbands. That way there is less of a mess when it comes to linking.

Ah okay. Should I just repeat the entry on both pages then?

Just now, shinros said:

Ah okay. Should I just repeat the entry on both pages then?

Depends on the particulars. The text should always be rewritten from the original content, so see which info concerns the Farstriders and which concerns the champions and put the info on their respective articles. If parts of the info concern both put them on both articles.

3 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

Depends on the particulars. The text should always be rewritten from the original content, so see which info concerns the Farstriders and which concerns the champions and put the info on their respective articles. If parts of the info concern both put them on both articles.

The thing is the summary is pretty generic and they have only one line referencing the factions is sigmar sent the steelheart champions and farstriders to shadespire. The summary is more what the  stormcast are and why they are there. It's written like they are working together being sent on the same mission. 

7 minutes ago, shinros said:

The thing is the summary is pretty generic and they have only one line referencing that sigmar sent the steelheart champions and farstriders to shadespire. The summary is more what the  stormcast are and why they are there. It's written like they are working together being sent on the same mission. 

Is it this Image?

If so yes most of the info is pretty generic and should be used to reinforce statements on the Stormcast Eternals  page rather than the individual warbands pages. If your sources are these pages you don't need to bother to add them. I can do it myself and you can focus on putting stuff I don't have any sources about, like the Katophranes or Shadeglass.

Is it this Image?

If so yes most of the info is pretty generic and should be used to reinforce statements on the Stormcast Eternals  page rather than the individual warbands pages. If your sources are these pages you don't need to bother to add them. I can do it myself and you can focus on putting stuff I don't have any sources about.

Yeah. that's the page now the first three pages? I can add the pages talking about the city, the history of what happened and why the warbands are in shadespire.  Also the information on the other warbands. 

Just now, shinros said:

Yeah. that's the page now the first three pages? I can add the pages talking about the city, the history of what happened and why the warbands are in shadespire.  Also the information on the other warbands. 

I have images of page 8-9 of the booklet, which contains info on all 8 warbands. The rest I don't have.

9 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

I have images of page 8-9 of the booklet, which contains info on all 8 warbands. The rest I don't have.

Ok I shall do the rest. The setting section is missing a piece the last paragraph. I will work on tzeentch a bit more while I add shadespire stuff on the side. Pages 6 and 7 has the lore on the city and why the warbands are kinda there. The rest of the book is the rules. 

Archived